Chapter 18: The Final Chapter

Start from the beginning

"Holy shit!" I screamed.

The pain had been the blockades coming off. No wonder I had to be asleep when those things came on. I had the powers that no one thought I should have. The "monster," as my brother liked to put it, was free.

The gray coated werewolf with bright, glowing blue eyes came sprinting into the room. He didn't stop the momentum he had and barreled into the wolf frozen and unable to move. I ran to his closet and locked the door.

I was shaking. The blocks were off and I was cowering in the closet. The other wolf could be tearing Grayson to shreds and all I could do was sit helplessly on the closet floor. I heard another set of paws running into the room. I covered my ears and hummed when I thought I heard sick tearing noises.

The grunts of someone changing got me off the ground. It was Grayson. I could feel the power shifting. Brian was in there, still wolf. When I heard Grayson catching his breath I crawled to and opened the door. Brian was the first one to stick his nose in. He licked my face when he was close enough. He was the only way he had to comfort me. He knew the reason I was shaking wasn't because I was cold.

Grayson didn't waste time looking for clothes. He came straight into the closet, butt-naked. He crouched down and checked me for any injuries. The slightest cut could mean very bad news for me. If, by some odd reason, any of them licked a wound I had, what made them werewolf would transfer to me. I wouldn’t change me but it would probably make me become deathly sick. It took more damage to become a werewolf. If you’re infected with their virus, it will either kill you or save you from death from your injuries and you’re a wolf forever.

When I was starting to think about boys, I assumed I could never kiss a werewolf, but didn't know until a biology lesson from Conner that, that wasn't the case.

"You're fine." He said relieved. "Not a scratch." He looked at Brian, "You should've checked first."

Grayson stood up and put on a pair of jeans before picking me up.

"I was going to tell you later, but we're taking you to the city." I looked over at him quickly, instantly ready to argue with him. "You're going with Brian. I don't want to hear a word about it. You're going and that's the end of it. I can't risk you getting hurt here. It's going to be a battle zone here while Conner is being challenged as a new alpha." He ran down the stairs. I held onto him with all my strength, I didn't want to fall. "Until it's safe to return here, you're staying with Brian."

"What about college?"

He shook his head, "What about it? You think you won't be tracked there? You think that you being killed won't take a toll on the pack? Darling, you might only be a human, but you're an important part of this pack."

I could tell by his tone, there was no arguing this. It was over and decided.

"Can I walk?"

He shook his head, "There's glass all over the place. I'm not risking it. If you got cut and came across someone, it could be bad news. Who knows what's on this floor after that attack."