Grayson didn't knock before he came in. He smiled lightly and then laid next to me watching Scrubs.

"You need to be more careful Casey."

"I was just laying there sleeping."

"Why on the couch? Your room's not too far away."

"I was tired. Becky drained my energy."

Grayson nodded and leaned back.

"Why are you in here?"

He shrugged "Is it against the law to be in my girlfriend's room with her?"

I nodded, "Considering it's already 10."

Grayson smiled. "I'm sure Conner wouldn't care if I stayed here the entire night. You don't even have to worry about him yelling at you for getting Chris hurt."

"Not my fault."

He shrugged, "I've gotta protect you from the other guys now."

"So what? You're taking over my brother's duties?"

He nodded, still not looking away from the TV. I sighed and put my head on the pillow.

He turned onto his side and looked at me.

"You're pretty calm for someone who was almost taken advantage of." I shrugged. "Has this happened before?"

I turned onto my other side. Grayson scooted closer to me and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"Is that the reason Martin left?" I was fighting back the tears. Grayson sighed. "I'll keep you safe Casey." I turned around and faced him.

"You think you could protect me against yourself?"

He looked at something behind me. After a minute or so, he looked back at me. "I'm not too sure about that. I can only promise to try."

I nodded and closed my eyes. I smiled, "This is kinda deep for you."

I could feel him smile. "Once in a while, when no one else is around." I heard the TV's volume go down again. "So does rescuing you from Chris deserve the kiss that you never gave me?"

"What's with you and the kiss?"

I opened my eyes. "Shows me you're in it to try. I don't want a one way relationship." He looked me in my eyes, "Since we had a deep conversation." Was that sarcasm I detected?

I smacked his shoulder. "There go the points that you had stock piled for a kiss."