||1||

Chained Hearts
Anakin Skywalker
||1||

» » » » »

p r e s e n t d a y . . .

     "Lorien," the young child's mother called as Gelliah pulled the little girl's hand gently, opening the hiding shaft within their house walls. "Quickly," the mother spoke softly as her beloved little girl climbed carefully into the hiding chamber, watching her little head. "Listen, my child," Gelliah paused looking into her child's crystal eyes as Gelliah cupped her daughter's cheek with her soft hand. "You need to stay quiet. Very quiet, my dearest," Gelliah breathed effortlessly. "No matter what," she paused as she inhaled a deep breath, fear radiating off of her. "No matter what happens, I love you." The mother's eyes turned glossy as a single tear trickled down her warm cheek before she shut the shafts door; her child safe and secure.

     "Mommy!" Ryn called before Gelliah had shushed her calmly, gesturing her hand for her daughter to keep quiet. Ryn sat quietly knowing no one could see her through the chambers door just before her Father came to stand next to her courageous Mother; him shielding her in a way. Ryn gulped nervously, afraid of what was beginning to unfold. Then in a moments time, Ryn heard a slam from the door, her parents stepping back in fear as a man stood there with some sort of droids standing next to him.

     "Where's the young child?" The man spoke bluntly looking around the room as Lorien's stomach turned, shivers went down Ryn's spine. The man began walking throughout the home, shoving things to the ground, pushing objects onto the floor, throwing things around the household as Ryn steadied her breathing.

     "She's not here," her Father spoke boldly and more firmly, trying to convince the man. The man then turned around face to face my father with a blunt glare as he stood up more straight.

     "Where is she?" The man growled through gritted teeth, looking to Lorien's father, Merdron, knowing he was lying.

     "I told you," Merdron spoke harshly. "She's not here." The mysterious man shifted his shoulders before walking towards the door, standing next to his mechanical puppet droids. The man looked to the two parents, exchanging glances between them before he then turned to look to his droids.

     "Kill them," he spoke as Ryn's heart fell directly to the bottom of her stomach as she covered her mouth, feeling the burning tears begin to well up just as she heard two laser guns go off. Merdron and Gelliah whimpered in pain before Lorien witnessed her own loving and gracious parents fall to the ground as blood began to spill. The man and his droids turned around leaving the home before the young child heard some sort of ship's engine being cranked.

    Ryn waited, in fear, listening to when the ship was leaving. Ryn heard it lift from the ground and zoom off farther and farther away before the young child quickly stood to her feet, trying to push the shaft's door open.

     "Mommy! Daddy!" Ryn called out before the door bursted open. Her little legs quickly took her to her own father as Merdron coughed from the burning and aching pain. Blood was spilling from Gelliah's head as the child's mother laid there, pupils dilated, laying against the ground completely lifeless.

      "L-Lorien," her Father barely lifted his voice as she fell to her knees, grabbing Merdron's hand, a few tears falling from her eyes.