Bloody Sumer Nights - Chapter 1 - The Begining of an End

“Wait, please stop! I do not know why you are doing this! I did nothing to you!”                     

         Then out of the cold dark shadow of the night emerged the person that took everything including, most of all my friends, from me; during the most wonderful and cheerful time of my life. I need you to listen so that you know the truth behind the events that occurred here, at Chiyo chan’s summer home, that all lead up to all the deaths and me standing with my back against the wall scared for my life and looking death in the eye. I do not want my death to be in vain so most importantly my friends can get justice. I do not want to be forgotten as the girl who tried everything to save her friends but in the end will most likely meet the same fate as them.

          My name is Koyomi Mizuhara. My friends all call me Yomi for short. I am 17 years old and attend X high school just outside of Tokyo. I came out here with my friends Chiyo, Osaka, Tomo, Sakaki, Kagura and our two teachers Ms. Kurosawa and Ms. Yukari, to celebrate the summer break but things went terribly wrong.

            A week before our long awaited summer break, during lunch, Tomo, who is a hyperactive knuckleheaded slacker with ever changing brown hair and always wants to create “Study Groups” just to copy our work, thought it would be a cool groovy idea to keep up our tradition of going to Chiyo chan’s lavish summer house to have a study get away. I know all she will do is be a freeloader and slack off during this whole time. Chiyo looked to her and smiled.

            “That sounds like a terrific idea!” I wish Chiyo would see through Tomo’s front and stand up for herself and say we are actually going to study and not goof around. Unfortunately, Chiyo being the prodigy she is, she always wants to fit in and hang out with friends when she can. She is a lot of the time naïve. She has orange hair that is always in pig tails. Of course for being an 11 year old high school student she is short compared to the rest of us. Since she was so eager to have this even again she turned to Osaka. Sadly I forgot her real name since Tomo labeled her as Osaka on the first day of her transfer but I think it’s something like Ayumu but like I said I vaguely remember. Osaka has a wild imagination and is such an airhead.

              “Hey Osaka, we are planning to go stay at my summer house again. Would you like to come?”

              “Of course I would. You kidding me I wouldn’t miss this for anything to hang out with you guys.” Osaka said with her ever heavy Osakan accent. In all the excitement Chiyo ran over to the most mysterious girl in our band of friends who was entering through the door o the class room. Sakaki, she has long beautiful black hair and has a liking for very cute things. She is very quiet.

                  “Miss Sakaki, would you like to go with Tomo, Osaka and I to the summer house again this year?”

                 “Yes I would love to go.” Sakaki gave Chiyo a smile as they walked to where the rest of us were eating.

                   As I was watching Chiyo begin to sit down with Sakaki next to her so we can eat. Kagura, the overly competitive swim team member and is always tan, must have heard Tomo who by now was so happy she was jumping up and down with joy and popped up right next to her and asked.

                 “Why are you so happy about you moron?”

                Tomo knew she had something to brag about and shove in her competitive buddies face. With an over joyous tone she yelled “Who is actually going to be doing something awesome this summer, like going to Chiyo’s summer house!?”

      By now Kagura look annoyed and said with a monotonous voice “Oh I do not know………..you.”

         Tomo jumped right in her face and still yelling with excitement “YOU ARE RIGHT!”

         Kagura looked even more annoyed now and said “So-“

         Tomo being the rude girl she is blurted out “You are just jealous that you cannot go because you have swim practice! NAH! NAH!”

        Kagura finally snapped and slapped Tomo right upside the head yelling “You idiot do not cut me off like that!”

         As a result that started slap fighting like elementary school kids. Very mature, I do not know why I hang out with dimwads like those two. In the midst of their battle Chiyo got up and ran over to them trying to shove her petite body in between the two towering bodies and trying to talk over them.

         “Stop guys! Stop guy! No fighting please!”

         Kagura went for her final blow of pushing Tomo to the floor but instead she pushed Chiyo on accident. Realizing what she has done, Kagura rushes over to the misfortunate girl along with Sakaki and I making sure she was ok. I think Osaka spaced out during this because as soon as Sakaki and I ran over to Chiyo , Osaka was still sitting at her desk looking off into somewhere. Tomo just stood there and smirked triumphantly. When Chiyo finally sat up she flashed Tomo the evil eye.

       “I am so sorry Chiyo, I hope you are ok.” said Kagura.

      “It’s all fine. I am ok. So you cannot go with us. Chiyo looked at Kagura with sad puppy dog eyes.

         “Well before Tomo got all rude and annoying I came over here to ask if you guys were doing the summer getaway again and if I could come.”

        Chiyo’s eyes lit up like the fireworks during the summer festivals. “Of course you are more than welcome to go with us! Oh wait Yomi you never said if you are going or not.”

         She was right. In the midst of everything I forgot to give my answer to her. Before I could say my answer Tomo blurted out “You know she is going to show off her body since she diets all the time. Then while she’s there she will gain it all back because she eats like a pig!”

        Now that really annoyed me so before she knew what was happening I stood up and turned around to give her a right hook to the face. She was out for a while so the rest of us could talk about the trip in peace. Then out of nowhere our absurd, loud and weird home room teacher, Ms. Yukari appeared behind Chiyo.

      “You better let me drive and chaperone again or you all can say good bye to your precious grades.” She snickered and sneered as she walked right back out the door.

          Chiyo automatically turned ghostly white as she thought of our last trip when Yukari drived and almost killed but mortally terrified Chiyo with her driving skills (more likely lack of skills). Osaka, who I do not know when joined us in reality, went to her and comforted her. Osaka was with Chiyo during the ride but she was not as badly affected as Chiyo was. Kagura was completely clueless to the whole event so Sakaki and I filled her in. Tomo, now completely recovered bursted in with

    “Just like the good old times. The Yukari mobile, smashing water melons and the beaches! Ah! Just thinking about it makes me psyched!”

        Of course I knew that was her true intentions.

     “Tomo, we are going there to study together not to party.”

    “Oh I know but we could do all of this in our free time!”

She was completely hopeless. As I let out a sigh the bell rang to end lunch and to start our next class.