Chapter Twenty Nine

Start from the beginning

“I never run.” Louis commented with a smug smile and a slight shrug of his shoulders as Harry sat down by him. Harry frowned a little and looked at Louis in confusion.

“Except the time we had the secret sixth form sports day and you did a lap of the psychology room with two textbooks on your head…?” Harry smirked, remembering the day like yesterday. All lessons had been called off on the last day of term for the students before they broke up for the two week Christmas half term, and so the boys in year twelve decided to have some fun by setting up games and assault courses across the sixth form building. It was hilarious for everyone, and the videos and photos from it still drove Harry to burst out laughing when he looked over them.

“That’s not the point.” Louis pouted, before the school bus rolled up.

The pointless conversation between the boys was dropped as the old and dirty bus stopped with a jolt by the side of the road. The younger students all started to fuss around as they began pulling out bus passes or coins ready to buy bus tickets. Harry’s bus pass sat tucked in inbetween his index and forefingers, as he watched the gaggle of younger students stand by the bus doors, waiting for them to open. Emerald eyes watched as the doors to the bus finally opened, the small groups of students rushing to get onto the bus almost as if the air inside the bus flew out the minute the doors had opened and was pulling the school boys in one by one, before closing the doors behind them all once they were on board. With a flash of his bus pass, Harry was on, and he and Louis were sat at the back of the bus, with a few other sixth formers, including Andy Samuels.

The bus set off in motion, and Harry’s mind started to run away with thoughts of Zayn Malik once again as his green eyes watched Bradford go past him through the big, dirty bus windows. The noises of the other students on the bus started to dissolve from shouts and laughter into a gentle buzz, like one you’d hear at the end of a video when it runs out of tape. It was almost calming to the curly haired boy as he thought about Zayn. A more logical voice in Harry’s mind told him that Zayn had probably signed out for a dentist appointment, or something else along those lines, and yet Harry knew he couldn’t simply sit back and relax with that in mind until he knew for sure. He knew that he needed to see him. He just needed to make sure that the brown-eyed boy was okay.

Harry didn’t look away from the city that seemed to pass around him until the bus stopped, his ears quickly converted the noise around him from the gentle buzz back to the wild commotion that it was as he came out of his deep thoughts. The loud boys made him wince a little at first, until he saw Liam Payne walk onto the bus, Niall Horan behind him, holding his bus pass tightly. Liam flashed his bus pass and headed up to his friends at the back, before sitting next to Harry with a tired sigh.

“I’m knackered.” Liam spoke, but before he could go on the boy’s younger brother came running over.

“Harry! Hi Harry!” Niall yelled excitedly, and Harry smiled and waved a little before the excitable young boy forced his way into the small space between Harry and Liam. It was a tight squeeze as the boy nestled himself in, and Liam let out a groan and rolled his eyes, but surprisingly said nothing to the young kid.

“Good weekend, Nialler?” Harry asked as he looked down at the bright-eyed boy, who was smiling widely at Harry, and nodding eagerly.

“Yes! On Friday I got my scout badge for tent building because everyone at scouts says I’m the best and then we got a McDonalds and came home and me and Li watched Cars because it’s my favourite and we wrestled and I won because I am strongest!” Niall babbled on excitedly, like always, and eventually Liam’s hand came from nowhere and wrapped around his younger brother’s mouth, to stop it from talking.

“Shush, Niall. Ask him how he is.” Liam told his brother, before he quickly grimaced and flew his hand away from his younger brother, obviously a victim of a sloppy lick or bite from Niall. Harry only shook his head a little and chuckled.