"Gemma tells us you just moved here from the states," Robin says, starting up a conversation. I finish chewing my food before I speak.

"Yes. I lived in California. Moved here with my boyfriend about a month or so ago," I tell them, both Robin and Anne smile sweetly at me. Again I found myself feeling a little twinge of jealousy at seeing a couple so happy together. It was definitely different than what I was use to seeing. They held hands while they ate and he looked at her adoringly. I wonder if he's like this all the time.

"Oh California, how nice. Harry has a place there. What part?" Robin asks, looking interested.

"San Fransisco," I tell them, taking a sip of orange juice.

"I heard its lovely there. We will have to take a trip next time we are in the states," Anne says.

"Yeah, some areas are really nice," I tell her honestly, not wanting her to think the whole city is as nice as it looks on say, Full House.

"Oh of course, every place has their troubled areas," she smiles sweetly at me and I nod at her. Despite how envious I am at how close Gemma is with her parents, i can't help but feel comfortable. They have made me feel welcomed and made me feel like I was part of their family in the short amount of time that I've known them.

"You have a beautiful home," I tell Anne, smiling at her as she beams over at me.

"Why thank you! Harry sure did spoil us," she chuckles.

"Yeah, despite all of our protests for him to spend his money on something more important," Robin grumbles next to Anne. He was smiling so I know he wasn't being too serious.

"That was awfully generous of him," I say genuinely, in awe of how much family must mean to Harry if he would do something like buy them a house.

"It was. We are awfully proud of him. And Gemma too," Anne says, the look of pride for her kids evident in the smile on her face.

"That's nice that you all l live together," I say and Anne chuckles.

"We don't all live together. Harry has his own place in London and Gemma will have her own place soon, I would hope," Anne teases. "Harry stays here with us when he visits, but usually he's only here for a day. It will be nice to have him home for a longer period of time."

"I bet," I smile at her. I wish my mother was like her. She's so sweet and obviously loves her kids so much.

"And I'll have you know mum, I will have my own, temporary place, that will be out of your way. The guest house is just about all cleaned out and ready to be painted and moved into," Gemma huffs, sticking her tongue out at her mother.

"Yes, temporary," Anne sticks her tongue back out at Gemma and I laughed at their banter. "I'm just joking honey, take all the time you need to get things settle with your new job. There's no rush."

"Thanks mum," Gemma smiles. "What do you two have planned for today?"

"We are going to visit your grandmother," Anne says and I watch Gemmas face fall.

"I will go with you guys. I haven't seen her for awhile. Just let me know when you guys are going."

"Will do dear," Anne says, smiling sadly at Gemma. Robin takesAnnes hand again and gives it a little reassuring squeeze before kissing the back of her hand.

"So Maci, Gemma says you're a nurse?" Anne asks suddenly. I'm thankful for the subject change, I felt like I was stuck in a private family conversation when they started talking about Gemmas grandmother.