Korra rolled her eyes, blushing. She smiled and looked up at the her girlfriend.

"Do you always have to call me that??", she asked, grinning.

Asami laughed lightly. "It's true. You're beautiful".

Korra rolled her eyes. "Oh please".

"Korra", Asami said giving her a look.
"Don't start. Your therapist said it's good for you to get compliments. We gotta work on your self esteem".

Korra smiled. "Fine. Thank you for that wonderful compliment. I'll try to believe you".

Korra pushed herself up so she was sitting up. Asami sat down on the floor in front of her.

"What are you doing here??", she asked.

Korra shrugged. "Just thinking", she said.

"About??".

Korra laid down on her back.

"Just stuff. Life".

Asami raised an eyebrow. "Should I know what in particular??".

Korra giggled. "Nothing to worry about. Just thinking about how much things have changed since my dad was arrested".

Korra's face fell. Asami frowned. She took her hands.

"I'm so proud of you, ya know".

Korra looked at her. "Really??".

Asami smiled. "Yeah. You went through hell all these years and here you are. Smiling and laughing, finally having a happy and normal life".

Asami leaned up and kissed her forehead.

"You've done a complete 180 on yourself. No one picks on you anymore in school. You can now defend yourself".

Asami pouted. "Awww now I can't be your protector anymore".

Korra giggled. "Sami. Of coarse you'll still be my protector. I'll still need you around. I may have muscles now and may be stronger and a bit tougher now, but I'm still really scared of people. I still get anxiety. Remember that anxiety attack I had a few weeks ago??".

Asami nodded.

"Well there you go", Korra said. "I can't do this life thing on my own. I need you to be there to be strong when I can't, which is a lot of the time".

Korra looked at their hands. "I'll always need you by my side"

She smiled at the raven haired teen.

"So don't you worry. I'll always be your princess and you'll always be my knight in a flannel shirt".

Korra giggled. "Plus, it's kinda hot when you get protective of me".

Asami smirked. "You think so??".

Korra blushed and nodded. Asami laughed and wrapped her arms around her waist.

"I love you so much, you little cutie".

Korra blushed even more. She turned away.

"Love you too", she said quietly.

She glanced at Asami who was looking at her.

"What??".

Asami leaned up and kissed her, grabbing her face with her hands. Korra's eyes widened in surprise. Asami pulled away and grinned.

"What was that for??", Korra asked, a little weirded out by the sudden gesture of affection.

"For being you", Asami replied.