Love Ring

"Mm- Lyd- we have to stop I promised Scott I would- mhm- go to the store with him

"Mm- Lyd- we have to stop I promised Scott I would- mhm- go to the store with him." Stiles weakly tried to pull away from Lydia. Stiles didn't want to leave though.  Besides the fact that Scott was outside in the jeep right now, they were still making out on the couch. Stiles found it a little bit amusing that years ago Scott had told him about cooties on that couch, and now he was kissing Lydia on the same couch. "Fuck Scott, fuck the store and fuck me."

He pulled away so the girl would look at him. "Wait, what? Like you'd let me, you know, with you?" He made an awkward hand gesture and raised his eyebrows. Lydia nodded. Stiles knew he should said it then. He should've told her that he loved her. He should've kissed her, and told her he loved her and would always love here. But it didn't happen. Stiles tried, but Scott started honking the horn.

"Come to the store with us." Was all he could mutter.

---

Scott had invited Allison to the store like it was going to be a party or something. After about five minutes of Scott being bossy, Allison and Lydia ran off to go buy stuff on their own. Stiles had stayed for another minute, but then left Scott to go buy something for Lydia. Though instead, he found Lydia and Allison.

He found them practically buried in a pile of clothes. Lydia had shrugged and muttered 'credit cards'. He had signed at sat down in one of the chairs, realizing that he had to stay. He pulled out his phone and sunk down in the uncomfortable chair. He looked at photos of dank memes for a couple minutes. Until he heard the girls talking.

Stiles looked up from his phone muttering a 'so can we find Scotty now?'. But he ended up dropping the phone when he saw Lydia. "Buy the dress." Stiles nearly shouted. Getting weird looks from people in the store, he sunk down and lowered his voice. "Buy the dress." He commented again, quieter now.

He nodded like a mad man, then realized he dropped his phone. "Fuck- my phone," he inspected it for a second, "Okay it's not broken."

"What's not broken?" Scott shows up out of nowhere, a basket of groceries in his hand. "My phone." He shrugs. Scott nods and gives a puzzled look, probably wondering where the girls are. "I still have no idea where Lydia gets her credit cards." Scott sighs, shaking his head.

"Don't ask, she'll cut you. I'm kidding, I have no idea." Scott grinned and Stiles grinned right back at him. Then he realized that this would be the perfect time to go get the ring. "Hey Scotty boy, I gotta go." He got up quickly. "Uh okay? Meet you at the car."

Stiles rushed off hopping this store had a ring section or something. He walked past groceries, wondering if he should buy some chocolate pudding. He walked past video games, wondering if he should stop and get GTA 5, he'll get it later. He walked past earrings, but then came back because he realized that the rings might be in that aisle. They were.

"Jesus Christ, this is target, why so many rings." Stiles murmurs. He bent down to look at the rings through the glass. He ran his finger over the glass and narrowed his eyes like it would help. After a couple minutes of staring, he decided on a emerald ring.

He heard footsteps coming his way so he assumed it was a worker. "Can I get this r- oh hi Allison." Stiles stands up quickly. He tries to make up an excuse as to why he was standing here, staring at a emerald ring that clearly wasn't his size.  "There you are, we've been looking for you everywhere. What ar-" Stiles grabs Allison's hand and pulls her into the aisle.

"Are you buying a ring? Holy shit you are! Are you gonna propose? Are you gonna like get down on one knee or some shit? Will there be a horse? Im going to be a bridesmai-"

"Allison shut up for a second, damn. I'm not proposing. We're in high school." Stiles looks at her like she's crazy before bending down at pointing at one. He tilts his head, looking over the other ones again. Though, he came back to the emerald one. It cost a lot though. She as worth it. It resembled Lydia in some way, it took a lot of work to date Lydia, with all the sneaking around, but she was worth it.

Lydia was always worth it.

He points at the ring. "You think she'd like it?" He glances at Allison, who was nodding frantically.

---

They were watching a movie. Flashes of light came from the TV, turning the room red, then blue, and orange. Everyone was curled up and squished on the couch. Lydia was half sitting on Stiles' lap, not that he minded. No one had wanted to put the groceries away, so they were sitting on the counter in the kitchen.

Now Lydia didn't mean for it to come out like this. She'd thought about it. Just not like this. With everyone in the room, with Teen Spirit playing on the TV. She didn't expect it to happen. For it to slip so easily from her lips. For her to grab Stiles' collar and pull him closer to her, and for her to tell him that she loves him. Stiles told her that he loved her right back.

A/N

The next on MBSF is so revealing tho.  Sadly, there's three more chapters then the epilogue.

Next on MBFS:
"Can I try something?" She asks. Stiles nods. Lydia pulls his shirt off.