Chapter 36:Light in the Darkness

Start from the beginning

 " What are you talking about there?" Kiara asked.

 " N-nothing. " they said.

 " By the way, Are you two working here? "

 " Yeah. " Dalia answered. "Speaking of work, I think we have to go back." she tugged Agatha, " The king is waiting for you already, Princess. Why don't you go back first? " 

" But I can't leave her alone. " 

 " Oh, do you have to go back to work? I'll just stay here. Go on. " Kiara said. 

" You sure? " Agatha asked. Kiara nodded. Well, this room is not that bad. I guess she can stay here. It doesn't even feel like it's a servant's room. " I'll go back immediately so just stay here. "

 " You sound like a mother. " Kiara sadly smiled. " Just go. " 

 " Princess, you really do like taking care of people aren't you? " Dalia said when they left the room. 

 " It's not like that, it's just that... She kinda reminds me of little Sophie. So I can't help but be soft on her. "

 " Princess, don't forget. She's your rival. You can't be so nice to her. Just one glance away and she might take King Tedros away from you. "

 " I...know that. " 

 " Where have you been? " Tedros beamed when she entered the dining hall. 

 " I just took a stroll . " 

 " I'm so hungry, let's eat. " Tedros chopped the steak for Agatha. 

 " Thank you. " she said. 

 " Let's take a stroll after we eat. We haven't done it for a long time."

 " That's a goo- " but she remembered Kiara. She had to go back to Dalia's room. " Maybe next time, I have something I need to do."

 Tedros paused, " What is it? Is it something important? "

" N-not really. But I just need to, ah, right. I want to read this book so badly. I can't wait to finish it. That's it. " What a stupid excuse! Do you think he'll buy it? Of course not.

 " Is that so? You're such a bookworm. But make some time for me too. Okay? Maybe next time then."

 " Y-yeah... " Agatha can't believe he actually bought it. " You're going back? " Agatha asked Kiara when she went back to the room. 

 " Yeah, I have to prepare myself before I meet that girl. "

 " I see. Then I'll see you out. "

 " Thank you for everything. " Kiara said and turned to the door.

 " Wait. " Agatha stopped her, " I want to tell you something. " I have to tell her the truth. I shouldn't lie anymore. " Actually, I lied to you... "

 " What? "

 " I'm Tedros- " 

 The door slammed open, Tedros was standing on the entrance. " So this is what you are hiding. " he folded his arms. " Tedros? "

 " King Tedros? " 

 Tedros glanced between Agatha and Kiara. " Is Kiara bothering you?" 

 " No, it's not like that. What are you doing here? " 

 " You're acting suspiciously so I let Dalia spilled it out. Do you think I'll buy your elementary school excuse? " he tugged Agatha by the wrist.