"Lucky you that Mrs. Pauley is your shade because I swear, we'd have to blend all kinds of colours and make it work." Kellin said as the door closed. He pulled me over to the bed and sat me down, grabbing the various items of makeup from a bag. He smiled brightly at me before getting to work.

。。。

The music felt so much louder as I wandered downstairs. I was pushing myself through the crowd of people, heading towards the kitchen, one because I was asked to, and two, I needed to get out of the crowd. The kitchen was a space where no one really went into unless they wanted more to drink. It was usually the less crowded space and I liked that.

Finally I pushed through the crowd and stumbled into the kitchen, feeling hot and out of breath. Those people were like maniacs, and some kept trying to pull me back into the crowd. I sighed loudly and fixed my shirt that felt crooked before looking up and seeing Austin stood against the counter, a smirk on his face and two red cup in his hands. He held one out to me as I slowly approached.

"I'm not getting drunk," I told him, but even I knew that was a possible lie. He shrugged and smiled at me.

"You don't have to, just have a sip and tell me what you think," He said. "I made it myself by the way." I nodded slowly and took the cup from his hand, looking inside it. It was a clear blue colour and almost skeptical looking, but I took a sip anyways, instantly cringing as my eyes squeezed shut.

"What is this?" I asked as I began to cough. It was so sour tasting and had my throat burning slightly. I didn't like it all, it was so sour and bitter. Austin laughed and snorted at me, enjoying my horrible faces and gross sounds.

"I thought I was coming down here for something that wasn't burning and disgusting tasting drinks." I said, frowning as I grabbed something else to help wash away the taste. Austin was still laughing, his eyes beginning to water.

"I'm sorry but that...that was fucking adorable. Your face was just-" he burst into fits of giggles again, tears now streaming down his face. Honestly, I couldn't help but smile. He looked so cute, his cheeks becoming red as he continued into hysterics. Austin had to bite his lip in order to stop, but even then his eyes were still watering and his cheeks were a bright red.

"God," he groaned, clearing his throat as he wiped his eyes. "I've never seen something so hilarious before. That was even funnier than the time you fell at the music store." He said, taking deep breaths. I glared at him slightly, not really wanting to remember what happened at the music store. It was bad enough that he worked there and saw it and remember it all.

"Are you quite done yet?" I asked, crossing my arms. Austin grinned and shrugged, grabbing another cup and filling it up with beer. He handed it to me before making a cup for himself, then he grabbed my hand, tugging me out of the kitchen and through the living room full of bodies before we reached a sliding door that led to the backyard. He opened it, pulling me through before shutting it and tugging me over to the pool chairs that were sat side by side next to the pool.

Austin let go of my hand as he sat down, beckoning to the seat beside him. Of course I sat down, placing my untouched cup on the ground. Austin looked at me, sipping from his.

"What are we doing out here?" I asked. It was much quieter than inside, which I guess was a good thing because now I could hear him better, but the thumping sound of the music was still there.

He gave a shrug, leaning his head against the back of the chair as he glanced up at the nearly night sky. The sun was beginning to set, making beautiful colours mix together and suddenly making me feel sleepy. Night time was probably the best, although I barely did anything, but things always seemed to become more alive once the sun set and the stars and moon were out. Strangely the night made me feel safe, and I liked that feeling.