Chapter Forty One

Start from the beginning

"Ooh, cute!" Holly squealed. Cute?  Aren't you supposed to say 'my sister has the exact same one' or something?

"Cute ain't the word for it, babe." Harry chuckled.

"Probably...what is it?"

"Uh, I'm pretty sure it's just a triangle flipped" A triangle? Is he joking?

I had a crazy thought that Harry might have covered his real tattoo and put the figure eight to get to me, until I realized he covered the figure eight  and tricked Holly by putting...whatever the hell he has.

What a tricky bastard.

My hands were clenched into fists, nails biting into my palm, bringing pain. I winced and stopped, rubbing my palms flat against my thighs. I realized my palms were slightly sweaty once I did that.

I bit my tongue softly and made my way onto my bed, flopping onto it carelessly.

Should I kick him out? Then again, he lives across the damn street and goes to the same school as my siblings and I, apparently.

I decided to kill time with studying since I'd be going back to school soon, listening to Harry and Holly's obnoxious flirty comments when they got too loud. A whole hour had passed before I heard Holly's door creak open from up the stairs when I was in the kitchen, searching for something to eat.

"Sorry about that," Holly uttered quietly, rubbing her palms together. I watched silently as Harry tucked a bunch of papers in his backpack.

"It's fine. I actually learned a few things about you with this project," Harry waved it off. "I never thought I'd have fun with something under the subject of school."

Holly's cheeks flushed. "I had fun, too, Tyler."

I rolled my eyes, I pity her. Too bad he's your sister's mate, and kidnapper...Why Tyler? Why not Henry?

"I'll see you at school," Harry nodded and stepped forward.

Don't you dare.

He leaned in and pecked her cheek delicately, causing my face to burn just as much as my sister's. I shouldn't be feeling this way.

As if it couldn't get any worse. Harry's eyes rolled to face me and a smirk grew on his face as he straightened up.

"Bye," Holly gushed and closed the door behind her. She noticed me glowering in the kitchen once she leaned her back against the door, breathing heavily.

Somehow, her cheeks turned even redder.

"Evelyn," she breathed. "When--how long have you been standing there?"

"Before your cheeks turned into tomatoes," I muttered, teeth grinding. I raised a cup to my lips to conceal my frown. However, the attempt had failed.

Holly walked over to me. "Is it hot in here?" she asked.

"Yeah, your cheeks heated up the room." I rasped.

"Ha-ha. And it's not that. You're  blushing as much as I am." Holly pursed her lips.

I dropped the cup onto the table, glad it was plastic. She frowned at it.

"Looks like you don't  like Tyler." Holly's forehead creased.

Hah, if only you knew.

"Tyler, huh." I rubbed my eyes and plopped the cup into the sink.

Her brown eyes narrowed. "Was it something he said? Did?"

To occupy myself, I opened the bottom drawer and pulled out a cloth. Holly scoffed at it, probably thinking I was ignoring her--which I sort of was --I began to soak up the remains of my water off of the island.