Unexpected

***Antonio Dawson's POV***

"She came back?" Dani asks, obviously surprised.

I nod with a small smile. "She did, and we're meeting up tonight for dinner."

Dani looks even more shocked. "I can't say I'm happy about it." She slumps down in her wheel chair. "I don't think I'm going to see you as much anymore."

"I'm going to come visit you all the time!" I laugh at her insecurity. "Our friendship isn't going to be changed by Arbor! You'll love her."

"I highly doubt that." She shakes her head and crosses her arms.

I bite my lip and smile. "Dani, if she was gay, you'd be all over her." I joke.

Yes. Dani, the girl who kissed me, is gay. After she kissed me, the next day, she told me that she kissed me like she would kiss her dad if she ever saw him again. A quick peck on the lips that meant nothing.

I felt like such an idiot.

"I still doubt it." Dani sticks to her guns but let's a little bit of her face lighten up. "So my brother is flying out from Orlando to visit me this week."

"That's awesome!" I tell her, extremely happy that the only family she has left is coming to see her.

"Well, not for you." She whispers.

"What do you mean?"

Dani doesn't answer. She simply sits there and stares at me with her lips pressed together.

"Dani." I urge. "Tell me why."

She blushes, her cheeks light up pink. "I kinda told Todd that you're my boyfriend."

"Are you serious?" I scoff with disbelief. "Just tell your brother you're gay already!"

"I can't!" She insists and throws her head in her hands. "He'll be so ashamed to be my brother when he finds out."

"Calm down, Dani." I order and grab her shoulders. I look into her eyes and speak softly. "He's your brother and he loves you. No matter who you are or who you love, he's going to accept that." I pull her into a hug and we stay that way for a couple of moments.

"Am I interrupting something?" Nichole's voice fills the room.

Dani and I pull out of our hug, and I turn around to face the doorway.

"Hey!" I say with enthusiasm and stand up. Walking towards the door way, I wrap Nichole in a hug.

Her small arms wrap around my neck. "How are you doing, Antonio?" Her high voice rings like a sweet bell in my ear.

Pulling back, I look into her light brown eyes. Her dirty blonde hair is pulled out of her face and knotted into one French braid down the middle of the back of her head.

"I'm great, Nikki. I haven't seen you in weeks! What have you been up to?"

"Paws off my lady, Dawson!" Dani chimes from behind me. Her voice is filled with joy from the surprise of seeing Nichole.

Nichole worked as a field surgeon and was the one who saved Dani's life. After Dani recovered enough to be transported to Chicago, she caught Nichole's name and rank.

A few months and some extensive research later, Dani tracked down Nichole and got in touch. Now, Nichole works at Lake Shore Hospital as a trauma surgeon and has been dating Dani for two months.

"Don't be so jealous!" Nichole giggles and walks around me to her girlfriend. She bends down and kisses her.

I smile subconsciously and lean on the doorway. "I've actually got to get going, but it was great seeing you guys."