Chapter Thirty Seven

Start from the beginning

"Is something wrong?" I yelled back, but she grinned.

"No, no! I just came for some fresh air myself, but you weren't here...?"

"Oh, yeah." I looked down at my hand. "I'm just tired. I need a nap." It was sort of true. Hence I had not gotten enough exultant sleep last night from all of the thinking I had done, but I wasn't tired. The thought of laying in my comfortable bed right now was tempting, but if I slept now then I wouldn't sleep at night.

"Well, okay, dear. Let me know if you need anything, I'm down here!" Aunt Amelia called from the ground, and I watched as she sat down on a chair swing.

"Okay!" I called out and rushed back to the hammock. I seriously did need rest, but I was too paranoid to close my eyes for more than two seconds. It's not like Harry would suddenly appear here, but I couldn't help it. He knew where I lived. I remember when he told me my address.

The familiar sound of the doorbell ringing echoed throughout the house, and my auntie asked if I could answer it as she was sitting.

I rushed down the stairs unsteadily, grabbing the sides for balance. The bell rang once more, and I looked at the camera that showed the outdoor perspective. The screen was pitch black and silent.

I blinked at the door and stood there, staring straight at it just as it rang again. My heart began to beat faster, hence my body was still as a rock. I didn't know what to do. Did whoever-it-was cover the security camera as well? They couldn't have! It's hidden!

Calm down, Evelyn. You're being paranoid. Maybe the camera isn't working.

I bit my lip and curled my fingers around the key, exhaling air deeply.

I reached out and grabbed the doorknob, slowly turning and pulling back, until the door itself opened to reveal...

A choking sound fell out of me, and my breathing hitched in my throat. Immediately, my jaw fell to its lowest and my body unnaturally shook violently. My palm seemed to ache as I tightened my fist around the key tightly.

A grin settled on his face and he clasped his hands together behind his back. I closed my mouth and watched Zayn lean against the door frame.

Close the door! I took a step back and managed to grab the side of the door just before Zayn stepped forward and in between the frame and door, so I had trouble closing it. I breathed out quickly as he opened it once more. "Ah, I wouldn't try anything else if I were you, sweetheart." He smirked at me and shoved the door back.

"Z-Zayn?" I murmured in shock. I wanted to scream for help but there was nobody. I didn't want Amelia hurt, or anyone else, for that matter. But if Zayn did try something, I swear I'll run to the kitchen and pull out a knife. Besides, I was frozen in shock and I felt as if my limbs were stiff.

"Well...it's nice to see you too." Zayn chuckled deeply and strode forward. I jerked back when I thought he was going to try something, but he walked past me and casually walked into the living room, seating himself on the couch.

I bit back the tears. "W-what do you w-want? Why are you h-here?"

He frowned. "Oh. Well, I thought you wanted to see me, sweetheart."

"Cut it out!" I snapped. "What do you really w-want?"

He bit his lip, showing perfectly white teeth. "It's not what I want. I mean, Harry has missed you quite a lot, and he wanted to see you."

I didn't know what to say. Kidnap me and don't hurt anyone? If I thought carefully, that idea was better than him just taking me in the middle of the night and destroying somebody in his path.

"Of course, that's still an option. He's a little tired, anyways."

"What do you mean?" I growled as a tear flowed down my cheek.

Zayn sat up and intertwined his hands together, watching my curiously as I cautiously stood in front of him. "Well, he does only live across from you."

My stomach clenched and I gaped at him. Harry...he lives...

"Across from me?!" I cried out and snapped my eyes closed, causing more tears to escape. Oh my God, please no. Zayn, please be joking. Evelyn, please be dreaming. This should be a nightmare. It can't be real! I must have gone insane!

Zayn sighed and stood up, standing well over me, causing me to snap back into consciousness. His fingers dug lightly under my jaw as he wiped the tears from my face, and gave me a sarcastic, pitiful look. "Don't cry, sweetheart. It'll only be for a minute." He mused deeply. "Besides, I wouldn't want to carry you all the way there." It was just across the street, you fat fuck.

I shoved his chest so he stumbled back and fell back on the couch, chuckling. I glowered at him harshly, and clenched my fist by my side. "I'm not going anywhere." I hissed darkly and moved away, holding his gaze.

"But he needs you," he whined again jokingly and rested his chin on the palm of his hand. "and...that key in your hand."

My eyes went big as I looked down--the strings of the key were dangling by my side. Zayn was watching it swing back and forth intensely, and I hid it behind me. "Then why would he send it to me in the first place?" I challenged, and Zayn rolled his eyes.

"I don't know," he groaned, "to act mysterious? To scare you? It was Niall's idea."

I gaped at Zayn as he stood up swiftly and smirked, lowering his brows as he strode over to me. I took a step back and whirled around just as he grabbed my shoulder.

"No--!" I cried out just before his own hand clamped around my mouth. Zayn yanked me back and put his arm through both of mine once it went behind me, so he was pulling me back against his chest. His other hand remained over my lips as he literally dragged me outside. I dug my feet into the ground and cried loudly, but Zayn was stronger, and managed to pull me all the way in front of the other house.

My eyes were closed tightly, so I couldn't see anything of 'Harry's' house or yard. I elbowed Zayn in the stomach, and he groaned. "Oh, you are a doll, aren't you?" He growled gruffly in my ear, and let go of my mouth. I whimpered and grunted while he bent down and scooped me up so I was facing his back. I shrieked as Zayn pinned my legs to his chest and began speed-walking to the entrance of the house, I supposed.

"Zayn, please stop!" I screamed and fisted his shit in one hand, afraid I was going to fall, and weakly bashing his muscular back with the other. "Zayn, please, I'm begging you--!

"Oh, it's about time." His voice growled from in front.

-:-:-:-