Chapter 6 - " Run "

Começar do início

" What the hell are you looking.... " Hindi ko na natapos ang sinasabi ko.. Because that instant I already know what they are talking about.. I mean WHO they are talking about.. Kath is passing by our street, and she's running. She's wearing a skimpy short and a pink tank top that hug her curves. She had her hair on a loose bun. Her face is already flush  from running.. And her skin is glistening.. FUCK!..

I felt a burning sensation while watching her. This is wrong. Sooo wrong.

Angelo: Wooooh! Dude buo na naman ang araw ko!

Nick: Grabe! Si Kath lang yata nakita kong pawisan pero damn ang ganda pa din!

Josh: Dude! Ang swerte ng boyfriend niya ah!..

Jordan: Kuya DJ .. You have a drool here.. Hehe

Pointing to the side of my mouth.. Loko to ah! Pinunasan ko naman...

My eyes are still following her even though she's already far away. Then I checked my watch it's 6:10 PM.. Hmmm..

They all returned to their seats and resume watching the movie and I was left standing and in deep thoughts.

That's too much for one day.. First in the coffee shop and now here. It's just my second day in Manila and seeing Kath twice in a day got my mind  jumbled up.  

I can't contain my surprise and happiness seeing her. Gusto ko balikan yung nakaraan namin. Memories of our childhood and of our past. We were always together way back then.

We just live in one subdivision and we both ride on one school bus. She goes on a private school for girls which is just located near our school.

I was on my 3rd grade while she's on her 2nd grade when I noticed her. While everyone on the bus  is busy chit chatting, she's silently crying at the back .. That got my attention.

Unti unti akong lumapit sa kanya at ng nasa harapan ko na siya, I offered her my handkerchief... She just looked at me while tears are still brimming on her eyes. Doon ko na siya nakita ng malapitan.

She looks like an angel!  But do angels cry? Sabi ko sa sarili ko..

She took the handkerchief on my hand and damp her eyes.

" Ok lang tumabi sayo? " ang sabi ko

She just nods her head..

" What did the ocean say to the beach?"
I blurted out of no where.. Oh boy..

And I saw the confused expression on her face..

" I said what did the ocean say to the beach? " inulit ko..

" I don't know.... ? " sabi niya ng may mahinang boses..

" Nothing.. It just waved! " Oh Dj what are you doing .. You are making fun of yourself.. Sabi ko pa sa sarili ko.. While looking at her.

Then I saw how her face lifts up and she smile.. Oh no she's laughing! It's like a music to my hear when I heard her laugh. Then I felt something.. Something weird that I couldn't explain.. Then nasabi ko na lang sarili ko. I don't want to see her cry. I want to hear her laugh. I want it to be me who will make her happy...

" Ako nga pala si Kathryn " sabi niya while extending her hand to shake mine.

" Just call me DJ.. " sabi ko.

I eventually learned na kaya siya umiiyak dahil na mimiss na niya yung mga old  friends niya. Inilipat daw kasi siya ng school ng parents niya.

That's how our friendship started. Lagi kami nag kikita at nag kakasabay sa school service. Then if there's no school nag kikita naman kami sa park ng subdivision. I also became close to Kevin which is her older brother. Minsan we hang out to our house, pero madalas sa kanila which is fine on my part because I get to see Kath more often.

Few years has passed when I am starting to feel something for her. Something deeper. Something stronger than a love for a friend. The feeling is so alien to me. It got me worried....

That's how I started to separate myself from her....

-----*********------