The Bet *Skip A Beat

Start from the beginning

"Oh Rain," I murmur, hugging him tight. "You're brave for not crying."

He holds my hands and makes it his anchor to stand again. He walks slowly while I hold his upper body so he won't fall again.

That's when Draky enters the room. He's wearing shorts and a t-shirt. His hair's still wet from showering and it makes him look good and sexy at the same time. His mouth pulls upward when he catches me staring at him.

"See something you like?" he says amusedly, pausing in the threshold.

"No," I deny quickly, tearing my gaze off him.

I can feel the blood rising to my cheeks. I hate the way he makes me feel!

Draky makes his way towards me and looks at Rain approvingly. "I see that you changed his diaper," he says, wiggling his eyebrows.

Rain moves towards him and Draky quickly raises his hands. "I just took a shower."

Rolling my eyes, I tell him, "Throw his diaper if you don't want to hold him."

He makes a face but still follows my order. He gets up, takes the dirty diaper and throws it in the trash bin beside the door.

"What now?" he asks.

"I think we should move to a different place," I suggest.

"It's still raining," Draky says obviously, glancing at the window.

"I know," I mutter. "What I meant was that we should, like go to the entertainment room."

"Oh." Realization crosses his face. "Let's go then."

He grabs Rain's bag while I stand up carefully, holding Rain in my arms.

In the movie room, I sit on the couch, and put Rain on my lap.

Draky's kneeling beside the cabinet, choosing what movie to watch.

"It should be a cartoon," I say.

"Miss your childhood days?" he asks, tilting his head to the side.

Ugh!

He knows what I mean so why does he always ask stupid questions? And why does he like teasing me? It's so annoying!

He smiles, eyes glittering in delight, like he knows what I'm thinking.

Meanwhile, Rain crawls down to the carpeted ground and quickly goes to where Draky is.

Draky scoops him up to his arms and stands up. He throws Rain in the air and catches him after.

I stare at him, eyes wide with shock, mouth hanging open as he do it repeatedly.

Rain bursts out laughing, enjoying the feeling of flying.

"Draky," I snap.

He looks at me, startled. "What?"

"What are you doing?" I ask furiously. "He might vomit! Do you want that to happen?!"

"No," he whispers.

Rain leans on Draky's chest and settles there, making his self comfortable. Draky touches his hair, gazing at him wonderingly. He's smiling while doing it. In that instant, it's hard to know what he's thinking. He's so different from before. He really has a perso—

"Let's watch SpongeBob," he says, interrupting my thoughts. "Do you like SpongeBob, Rain?"

So that's what we do. Watch marathon show of SpongeBob SquarePants. Rain's sitting between Draky and me. He's clapping every now and then as if he understands what SpongeBob and Patrick are talking about.