I Hate Bullies

I looked in the mirror to make sure everything was in place. My black hair curving messily across my face. My black snake bites in. Green shirt with black skinnies and green converse on. The final touch was a little eyeliner to make my blue eyes pop. I grabbed my school bag and headed down stairs. I swerved past all the unpacked boxes and bags. My mom and I had just moved here and still haven't unpacked. Today was my first day of school here. Yay. Go new kid. What made it worse was that it was in the middle of the semester and I knew no one. Oh well, it's best to think positive as my mom always says. I grabbed the box of Reece's Puffs from the cabinet. I love this cereal sooooo much. Reece's Puffs, Reece's Puffs, peanut buttah choclate flavaaaaaa. I poured myself a bowl and hurriedly ate it all. I picked up my back pack, grabbed my keys, and headed out the door.

"Bye mom!" I yelled as I exited the door.

"Have a good first day sweetie!" she yelled from her room.

"I'll try." I sighed to myself.

I unlocked my car and got in. I had a black jeep explorer and I loved it. When the weather was nice, I would take the doors off and let my feet hang out. I did that now and put the doors in the back. I was not going to leave my baby open for people to steal. I turned it on and backed out of the driveway. My new school was only ten minutes away so i was there quickly. When I drove in I could practically feel  people staring at my car. I was used to it by now so I just went along with my business. I was a senior and this was my third high school. My mom gets restless if we stay in one place for too long so we move often. My dad left us when I was in eighth grade. I think it would be less painful if he had left when I was a child. At least then I would'nt know what I was missing. I sighed and got out off my car when I found a spot. I grabbed my bag and dropped it on the ground beside my feet. I put the doors back on my car and locked it. Hitching my bag up on one shoulder. I headed into the building. I found the registration office quickly enough.

"Hi I'm Matt Heath. I'm new here and need my schedule." I said with a smile to the lady behind the desk. She smiled back and gave me my schedule.

"Here you are. Your first class is in room B-23. Have a good day."

"Thanks you too." I gave her another smile and left. My locker number was 111. That was easy to remember.

When I finally found it, I unlocked it with ease and put my stuff in, all except my science book. Ugh, I hate science. I always get Cs in it. My shoulders slumped as I walked towards what I thought was my classroom. Thank heavens I was right. I was about to open the doors when I heard a loud conversation from the classroom. It seemed like a lot of people were talking. I walked in and could barely hold in my rage.

What I saw before me was this; a lone tall, skinny kid in the front of the class. Staring at everyone with a look of horror in his eyes. It looked like he was about to cry as well. I would too with what I saw. On the black board there was writing. All saying hurtful things about how Jake, I was guessing the skinny kid, was a fag and that he deserved to die. As if that wasn't enough, everyone was saying it out loud as well. Laughing when they weren't yelling about how he was disgusting. The poor kid was frozen on the spot. I clenched my fists in disgust. I quickly walked over to the board and erased everything on it. I then picked up a piece of chalk and started writing, and writing. by the time I was done, the chalk was down to a nub. The class had quieted down when I started writing and now were dead silent as they read my little speech. It went something like this:

Hi, my name is Matt Heath. I am from Nevada and I just moved here. This is my third high school, and at every school I learn something important on the first day. This school, I learned that everyone is a homophobic prick. Even the people who didn't say or write anything, you let it happen. Is it fun to you guys, seeing someone get beat down until all that's left is a empty husk? Do you beat people down emotionally, then beat them down when they are weak? I really want to know. Because to me, that's just sad. What I find fun is sports and clubs. Maybe make a friend or two before I have to move again. I can tell that that's not going to happen here. I have one more question. If you told someone to die, then the next day you found that they had committed suicide, what would you do? Would you laugh and have a party to celebrate, because by the way your acting now, I think you would. That's what I learned from spending ten minutes in your wonderful school.

I went to an empty seat in the back of the room and sat down. no one was sitting next to me thank god. I let out a sharp, quick whistle to get Jake's attention.

"Hey Jake." I nodded to the chair next to me. He widened his eyes and grabbed his stuff. As he walked over he kept his head down. I glared at all the people who looked like they were going to do something funny. He got here safely and sat down. He was actually quite tall though he was skinny. He had brown longish hair and brown eyes. He didn't say anything for a moment before he finally spoke in a baritone voice.

"You didn't have to do that." he said sofetly. He had a really deep voice for someone so skinny.

At the mention of what I did my anger came back.

"Yes I did. Those homophobic pricks deserve worse but I never get into fights on the first day of school." I hissed out through clenched teeth. He was quiet for a moment, then he spoke.

"Thanks. I don't even know how they found out about it. Someone probably just made a lucky guess to stir up gossip" He said without emotion.

"Bastards" I had gotten in before the teacher finally arrived.

"Good morning students." she said, oblivious to the black board. I sat there calmly, waiting for her to see it. Without turning around she started to take again.

"We have a new student today class. Matt, please stand up and tell us about yourself." she said looking up to find me. I stood up.

"Everything I have to say is on your board." I said sounding bored. I sat back down and waited. She turned around and read the board, gasping when she got to the good parts. She turned back to me and scolded me.

"What gives you the right to make these assumptions Matthew Heath!"

I stared at her before answering. "What gives me the right is that I walked in to a kid being emotionally abused by every single one of his class mates. On the board were sentences telling him to die and that he was a faggot. Each written in different hand writing. The kid was in front of the room, on the verge of tears, and not one person stopped them from speaking or erased the board. I don't know what you would call it, but I call it harassment and bullying. This is my third high school and so far I'm not impressed. This one class has more homophobic assholes then my other two schools combined. And go ahead, send me to the office on my first day. Mark it one my personal record. But just know that I don't regret a single fucking word out of my mouth. Oh and don't say we should have gone to get a teacher either. That could probably get the tattler beaten up every single day for the rest of his life, and you know what the teacher would do? They would tell the kids to play nicely and lock them in detention together. I've seen it enough and I know that this school isn't any different.In fact, I bet every single kid in this class is going to get off with just a pat on the hand and a 'Don't do it again or else.'" All of this was said with a bored, matter of fact tone of voice. By now everyone was starting at me in shock, even the teacher.

She opened and closed her mouth for a few minutes before finally stuttering, "I-I need to go talk to the principal about this incident." She started walking towards the door. I snorted loudly and looked at the ceiling. She looked at me again with a hint of fear in her face, like I was going to sue her.

"What?" she asked cautiously.

"Did you hear nothing I just said? I' now the tattler and will most likely get bullied until the end of this year. And like predicted, your going to lock me in a room with a bunch of people who hate me. That's real smart." I said as I yawned. She crossed her arms over her chest.

"Well what do you want me to do?" she asked icely. I shrugged.

"There's nothing you can do. All I ask is that if you find this room trashed and a bunch of kids on the floor with bloody faces and my knuckles bruised, don't blame me cause it will be self defense." I put my hands on the back of my head and closed my eyes. I hear the door closed and lifted one eye lid. Yep,she left. I counted to ten before I felt a punch on my chin. I knew it was coming and haad braced myself. It was hard, but I didn't flinch. I slowly opened my eyes and saw a jock leaning over me. I smiled a slow cruel smile.

"I was going to leave you alone. Let you walk out with a warning. But know you've gone and punched me, that makes everything I do self defence." I stood up slowly to my full height. I was looking him in the eye when I spoke next.

"I I guess my no violence on the first day rule is broken." I smiled and punched him in the eye.