Before The Dawn (Chapter 3)

Start from the beginning

Glancing down at his plate, he had already gobbled up half of the omelet and ate two of the sausage links only leaving two left. Picking up his coffee he finished it off and got up from the table. He wasn't going to let her starve because of the egotistical males she was with before engraved into her brain she wasn't worth more than table scraps. This was definitely a issue that Kerra would have to work with her on.

Kyle left her in the kitchen to finish what she was doing, and hopefully eating something, so he could shower. Stepping out of the stall he wrapped a towel around his middle then pushed his longish hair out of his eyes as he walked to the mirror. When he was younger it was cool to have extremely long hair and he frequently dyed it black but now it was back to its usual rich brown color and cropped about mid ear length enough to get in his eyes or be gelled back.

Dressed in his usual jeans and black polo, Kyle lightly gelled his hair and combed it back so longer locks would remain out of his eyes through the day. He sometimes wondered if he would have been better off like his brother and Doyle and just keep it buzzed down.

Kyle flopped himself down on the couch as he slipped on his socks and boots, noticing that Misha wasn't making a sound. Her door was again slightly ajar. Peeking in she was in the same position he noticed the night before, she kneeled on the floor praying feverishly crossing herself over and over again.

But as fate would have it, the floor boards creaked just as he peeked in startling Misha. Glancing over at him, her cheeks grew flush. “I sorry.” She stumbled to get up from the floor.

“It's okay, I was just going to see if you are ready to leave.”

“Yes, I am ready.” She now had her curly hair braided over her shoulder wearing a pair of loose fit jeans and plain white shirt. She gathered her clothes from the night before, folding them up and stuffing them back in the bag. Kyle just assumed that was what Kerra asked her to do.

“Alright, I'll drop you off at Kerra's and after work I'll be back to get you.” She didn't answer she simply nodded as she followed him out the door keeping a few feet behind him. Once in the car, Kyle expected her to take the seat beside him but with a quick glance in the rear view mirror he saw her sitting in the back again. A veil of mystery covered the girl's eyes, so much was lost in translation since she spoke little of Kyle's native tongue and he spoke absolutely NONE of her language.

The trip to the pack house wasn't long and a few cars were littering the yard already this early in the morning. One of which was a rental car, he noticed from the rental sticker proudly posted on the bumper of the car.

“I wonder who's here.” He asked out loud not thinking before the words slipped out.

“Oh NO.” Misha shrieked as she cowered into the chair, her knees drawn up to her chest as she clung to herself for dear life.

Kyle threw the car in park swinging around in his seat to see her cringing in fear. “What's wrong, Misha?”

“He here! He going to take me back!” Tears now stained her cheeks as she stared at the pack house. Kyle was clueless as to why she thought her mate was here.

Opening the door of the car, Kyle took a deep breath not catching one scent of anyone new, but definitely ones of the past. “Misha, it's okay, it's not him! I promise. It's my cousin. She must be here for a visit.”

“No, no, I just know he's going to get me!” She whimpered as she huddled in the back seat trying to mesh herself into vinyl of the seat.

'Doyle! Send Kerra out, we may have a problem.' Kyle called out almost certain that everyone in the area was able to hear that distressed call.