."So.. are you excited about tomorrow?" Matt asked me nervously, Why was he nervous? I gave him my confused face and just replied,

"Yeah well.. i don't like dancers but i think after all Gina's talking has made me look forward to it you know." I rambled. Me and Matt wasn't the closest in our friendship group, when other people arn't around we often find awkward silencers which are just awkward. I was happy he was making conversation.

"yeah well you know Gina" Matt replied and did his self conscious laugh. "Yeah, so are you going to the dance tomorrow, you haven't really said?" I asked as we walked down the last corridor until we made it to our history room.

"Yeah erm well i asked Jessica newton to go with me, and she said yeah." Wow that was a shock and i think you could tell on my face Matt wasn't the most confidence person and him asking someone to a dance is a really big deal and Jessica Newton, She wasn't someone you'd call popular, she's a cheerleader but she isn't friends with anyone on the cheer squad, something happened with the head cheer leader and her boyfriend last summer and Jessica was majorly involved with that so now she get's bullied quite abit. But not from our friend group, we don't pick on people.

"Well that's great Matt" I liked Jess, we didn't talk much but when we did she seemed nice enough and i knew she had a big crush on Matt. When i looked at Matt's face i thought i saw a bit of disappointment, but it was gone in a blink of an eye so i just  dismissed it. 

By this time we was outside out History room, "Lets go in then" I said and started walking into class, Not everybody had arrived yet but a few people were already seated. I took my seat at the back of the room and Matt followed and sat next to me. 

"So what are you doing tonight?" i asked him, trying to make conversation.

"i'm going to Dan's to help him pack, what about you, your going to Gina's right?" Matt asked turning around so i had his full attention.

I was about to reply until i saw my two brothers walk in with Harley, They were looking around the room and when they spotted me they headed in my direction, Oh please don't come over here i begged God, They might say something and Matt would know i was lying.

"Earth to Ella." Matt shock my shoulder. I looked at him remembering that he'd asked me a question, I smiled "Sorry,I spaced out and yeah i'm going to Gina's house" I replied with my fake smile plastered on my face, Just after i replied John and James were standing in front of mine and Matt's desk shortly followed by Harley.

Matt had noticed them and stiffened abit, He didn't really like James and John nor Harley they bullied him a few years ago, but stopped when a new kid started with turrets and started bullying him instead. I turned so i was directly  facing them.  I looked up at them to see My step brother's had put there fake smile on and Harley was standing next to them awkwardly, looking around the room.

"What's up?" I asked with a smile on my face  and looking at them weary,

"Yeah well we was checking up on you, after you know" They said awkwardly not really used to the caring side of them self. 

"yeah well. can we maybe talk about this at lunch privately?" I asked, after i said this Matt and Harley heads looked around the room pretending they weren't listening and the rest of our class mates went back to there conversation. 

"Yeah wait for us outside the classroom when the bell goes, okay?" They asked me me in sync. i just nodded in reply and then they sat on the desk in-front us, "I don't know how you live with them Ella." Matt mumbles quietly so they wouldn't hear us, but from the rid get posture they where pulling they heard, and was seconds from turning around and punching Matt,