one

Mitch Grassi's POV

THERE WAS A GUY NAMED Scott I believe. He was that guy that everyone sort of hated, in a way. Or just avoided altogether. Most said he was dangerous, a defect to us all. Some said he was just simply shy. I don't know what I say in this. Two different theories or beliefs - one average person.

But the thing is, I've never actually seen who Scott was. People talk, and when they do, you hear a lot. People say he's blond, some say he has blue eyes. A lot says he's tall. But that's basically every guy in Los Angeles.

So many people say that he almost never wears anything but a black hoodie. But I never thought anything of it. I never really focused on what people said about anyone.

I guess my life never really revolved around anybody but my friends, family, and I. I didn't find myself a guy to like or an animal to love. I just had two friends and a dad. That's all I had.

Being a quiet singer (not really, just doesn't get a lot of "gigs" if that's what you'd call them) in a big city is really tough. That's probably why I'm not exactly known. If you met my friend Avi, he'd add right after that sentence a "yet" even though it would never be true.

"Mitch," Kevin groaned. "You need to go!"

"Go where? To the club and utterly embarrass myself? No thanks!" I screeched from my bed, making sure to be trapped in my mass of blankets so they wouldn't find me.

"You're going," Avi stated, as if it would make me. Nonetheless, I ignored them and continued hiding.

"You're so stubborn," Kevin muttered as I snickered. We all knew I was stubborn.

I suddenly felt someone hop on top of me and I screamed, knowing it was probably Kevin judging by the weight. "Kevin, get your fat ass off of me!"

"Never! You must go!" He declared, making sure to make me even more uncomfortable through the blanket. "Kevin Oluwole Olusola!" I glared at him even though he couldn't see me.

I could hear Avi's stupid, low laughs in the background and I wanted nothing more than to punch his bearded face. Asshole. "Avi, help me!"

"Nope," he dragged the 'o'. "Please?" I murmured, kicking Kevin anywhere I could. Suddenly, he got off of me and Avi started to laugh harder, so I got out of the covers to see what happened.

Oh. Oops.

"I'm sorry, Kevin! You wouldn't get off of me!" I pursed my lips as he rubbed his probably-now-bruised arm.

"That didn't hurt like crazy or anything," he muttered to himself. "Now, as an apology, you have to go," he stated, looking up at me. Avi then rushed to me and picked me up, and I screamed as I kicked his leg and ran when he dropped me.

"You're making this such a big deal!" Kevin said, probably chasing me now.

"I am not — you're forcing me to go somewhere that I do not want to go!" I exclaimed, on the verge of dying from the amount of running I've done. I ended up in my bathroom and closed the door as quickly as I could, locked it, and sighed, catching my breath as the other two rammed at the door.

"Please?" Avi said sadly. I sighed, contemplating it. "What if I just go for a few minutes?" I asked through the door. Kevin snorted, "No. Two hours, minimum."

I groaned, "Fine! Fine!" I threw open the door and shoved passed them to my room. I could hear them mumbling "finally" and "thank god" as I rushed to my room, closing the door and sighing loudly.