Chapter 2: Rescued

A/N: I'm going to go ahead and upload one more chapter. I'm still working on the uploads for MTA and BFA. Bear with me guys! Enjoy this one, while you are waiting!

Chapter 2

"Hallie," I tried to follow whatever voice was calling my name, but my body refused to move. It was odd, really, because the beatings weren't usually this severe and it made me question how angry Henry had really been this time around. "Hallie, are you okay? Open your eyes." That voice I recognized, but why couldn't I open my eyes?

"Leave her, Freya. She will open her eyes when she's ready, after all Henry seems to take a liking to her more than the rest of us. Her body needs rest, she's been through a lot. In the meantime, we should find a way out of here. It sounds like there's a lot of fighting out there, and if Henry is involved, we really need to find a way out!"

This voice was unfamiliar to me and I tried yet again to make my body move, to make my eyes open, something, anything!

"What's going on, Jordan? First the whole building is on fire, and then Henry moves us to this building?" Freya's voice was shaky, as if she was afraid.

"I don't know. Henry must have been caught and so he was probably trying to cover his tracks. But I will say that if he's been caught.... Then there must be someone who knows we're here and that means this will all be over very soon."

"And what about Henry?"

Jordan, as Freya had called her, sighed. "My father is an Alpha, and I'm sure every werewolf in here has an alpha, they will probably take it to higher council. Or...."

Or what?

"Or what?" Freya questioned, voicing my thoughts.

"Have you ever heard of Alpha Matt McHenry?" Jordan's voice was barely above a whisper and I had to strain to catch her every word.

Who is Alpha McHenry? I hadn't been outside in years but Henry seemed to have an inkling for letting me know just how much I was missing on the world outside. He said a lot of things, but Alpha McHenry was never one of them. Who is he?

"No..." Freya replied and I imagined she was confused, if her voice was anything to go by.

"Alpha McHenry is one of the most feared Alpha's in the werewolf community. When a Pack is looking for a fight, they usually seek him out for backup and he's ruthless. His pack is one of the biggest on the Northern side of the continent, and it's still growing. He took over his Alpha duties at sixteen, and people say that he still hasn't found his mate, and he's twenty three.

"Hold on, what do you mean by mate?" Freya questioned, her voice small.

Jordan laughed gently. "I forget how young you are. A mate, Freya, is someone who you are destined to be with for the rest of your life."

I knew about mates, my parents told me at an early age, but this Alpha McHenry I had no clue about. Was he really ruthless? What would happen Henry if he was ever in the Hands of Alpha McHenry? My mind conjured up so many questions, all which I wanted answers to, so I tried yet again to open my eyes.