2. Misunderstanding

I woke to the sun shining in my face and stretched my arms to find an empty space beside me. The blanket was on the floor and I couldn't help but drift back to sleep. We went to sleep at three last night but at least it was a Saturday.

When I woke up again, it was almost noon. I felt the covers on top of me again but my leg was wrapped around it. I felt exhausted and stayed in that position for a minute.

"Morning gorgeous," I heard Donovan say. I opened my eyes to see him sitting beside me with what looked like burgers in his hands. I smiled as I quickly got up to go to the bathroom to wash up. I had a spare toothbrush here and I tied my hair into a ponytail before washing my face and rushed back out to his bedroom. He was sitting there by the desk with the food laid out and my stomach growled. I literally ran to him and picked up a fry before chewing it. A moan escaped my lips and I closed my eyes as I was in complete bliss.

"Oh my god. I love you," I said as I opened my burger wrapper and as soon as I saw an opening, I dug into the goodness that melted in my mouth. When my eyes opened, Donovan's eyes were widened and he smiled at me.

"What?" I said with a stuffed mouth. He shrugged before taking a bite of his food. He was eating the steamed salmon with vegetables and brown rice. I hated his healthy life.

"Is that good?" I asked him as I flicked a fry at his mouth but I was surprised when he caught it and chewed on it. I gasped in sarcasm.

"Oh... I'm telling your brothers that you messed your diet up. I don't understand why you torture yourself with that anyways. If you haven't noticed, your body is in perfect shape." I took another bite.

"Why Emery, are you flirting with me?" I chuckled at his comment and his tone.

"Why are you even on a diet?" I asked him.

"I only have a month left anyways. Just for myself," he replied as I heard him eat again.

"You conceited little bitch," I said in a sarcastic voice. He laughed a full belly laugh and I smiled. I was the reason for his beautiful smile.

"I've never seen a girl who loved to eat so much," he said. I stilled and narrowed my eyes at him before frowning.

"Are you calling me fat?" His eyes widened before he let out a nervous laugh.

"Emery. Shut up. You're fucking perfect to me." I smiled at him before wrapping my arms around his neck and hugging him tightly.

"I love you, Donovan."

"I love you too."

Living in Phoenix has it's perks. The sun was a no-no though. It was fucking one hundred degrees out but class was still on. I was at my locker, fanning myself when my eyes met Danica Robertson's icy blues glaring at me. Ugh. Her blonde hair was perfectly straight and reached her waist as the long tight skirt she wore framed her thin and tall figure.

From middle school until now, I always knew she had a thing out for me. I just didn't really give a shit though and paid less attention to her guy-seeking self. Maybe that's why. I think I almost choked on the gum I was chewing when she started walking towards me and I did what I did best; I panicked. I didn't prepare my speech yet that I would say when I spoke to her. Damn it. I remembered it going something like, "fuck you, Danica." Oh, wait. Never mind. I still had it memorized.