Tag In Hell House

Start from the beginning

Emerald nipped my finger. Not hard, but not friendly either.

"Hey!" I shout, be pulled from my thoughts. Emerald hooted, pleased with himself. I glared at him. "Alright, I'll quit daydreaming. Just give me a second. I want to finish my letter to Harry."

I read it back over to myself:

Dear Harry,

Happy birthday! Wish I could see you. Mom and I finally got all our stuff unpacked and put away. Who knew we owned so much crap? I hope your having a good birthday, but I doubt it. Maybe my letter will cheer you up a bit. Ron and Hermione have been in touch. They're both worried about you. Are the Dursley's not letting you write us back? If so, they can screw themselves. Oh, I almost forgot! While we were unpacking boxes, Mom and I found an old baby album of mine. It had a picture of the two of us when we were little babies. I thought you might like to see it.

Sounds good. I grabbed the picture of Harry and I. Harry with black, messy, hair and no scar, and me, tiny, and sleeping on what looked like Uncle James's or Dad's lap. I taped it down to the parchment and added:

See you real soon, Harry! Just one more month!

Clara, your badass, amazing, goddess of a cousin

I sealed it up and tied it to Emerald. "Go on, now! I have no use for you any more." I shooed him away.

Emerald flew off and I was alone on the front step. 

Mom was in the kitchen making dinner. She had the radio on and the window open. She was singing along to an AC/DC song. I know it was, "Highway to Hell"

So I sat there polishing off my Pepsi on my front step, listening to classic rock. Life could be worse.

I finished it, and crushed the can. "I'm bored." I groaned.

Just then a boy shouted, "So come with us!"

I looked up. There were three kids there at the end of the drive. Two girls, one boy. The oldest girl, who looked like she was a year older than me, had short, spiky, baby blue hair, with dark blue tips. Next to her was a blonde boy around the same age, might be her twin. Hiding behind the other two, was a long haired blonde girl, with wide sea green eyes.

The boy waves. "We're going to the Hell House! You want to come?"

That was when I realized where I knew them from. The older boy and girl were Slytherins.

I know I shouldn't trust Slytherins of all people, but I'm bored.

"Sure, just a second." I call. I went inside, into the kitchen, Mom was cutting up carrots to serve in the salad. I tossed the crushed Pepsi can into the trash.

"Hey, Mom."

Mom turned around. "Hey, Clara, what do you need?"

"Some neighbor kids and I are going to go down to someplace called the Hell House." I told her. "If I'm not back by dinner, I died. Be sure to play "Welcome to the Black Parade" at my funeral."

Mom turns back to the carrots. "Ok, have fun. Try not to die."

"I will!" I called and walked back outside. "I'm ready. How do we get to the Hell House? What even is that anyway?" I asked, as I joined them.

The boy's the one who speaks up. "We walk through the woods for a really long time, then we'll be by a shabby, abandoned, cabin from the 1800's. That's the Hell House. Frisk, why don't you tell our friend the legend."