I. Blockade

I was twenty years old when this started. He came into my life and changed everything. It was forbidden. It was wrong. It was against everything we had learned.

And it felt so right.

Born and raised in Naboo, I had never left my home planet.  Now, as Queen Amidala's guard, my mission in life was to protect her.

I've never had many friends, as I was too busy training to become a soldier from a young age. However, I could say Padmé Amidala was my best friend despite our age gap of six years. Maybe it was because of all the time we had to spend together, or because she was much more mature than most of the girls of her age. For some reason, we connected from the day we met.

When other people, such as politicians or journalists, were around, I would call her 'your Highness' or similar names, and she'd call me 'Miss Sinder'. But in private, she was just Padmé and I was just Aure.

Aure Sinder, that's me.

A normal girl, with a quite special job and an admiration for fighting with a staff

A normal girl, with a quite special job and an admiration for fighting with a staff. When I started my training at age fifteen, I was taught in the art of swords, blasters, whips and so on. I, for some reason, preferred to use the staff which I started to fight with by myself when I was a kid. I was emotionally attached to it, somehow. How could I not? It was the weapon which I used to defend myself for the first time, when that kid at school called me weak. I broke his nose. This, of course, led to a fight that got us expelled from school for a week. It was at that moment that I decided what I wanted to do.

And I could have never made a better decision.

I was in the throne room of the Palace with the "Queen". She wasn't actually Padmé, just a decoy. I was the only person who knew that the real Queen was dressed as one of her handmaidens. We had come up with this idea together a few months ago, when the Trade Federation started the blockade to our little beautiful planet.

This day, however, was being a very calm day. Too calm...

Suddenly, spaceships landed in front of the Palace and many droids came out of them. They were too many for our army to fight them. Ours was a peaceful planet, so the Government never thought a big army was necessary.

I saw the Federation's Viceroy from one of the windows. That's when I knew: They wanted to take the Queen!

I grabbed two blasters and my staff and told the servants to stay with the "Queen", before running out of the room. Every servant had a blaster under their robes -another idea Padmé and I came up with- so they could defend the Queen and themselves.

I left the Palace to lead our small army and fight those droids. Shooting, kicking and hitting, I slayed every droid that approached me. They were easy to kill, but they were too many. Every time we killed one droid, three more came to fight us.

Soon, the soldiers and I were surrounded by droids and most of us had been killed. The few who were still alive couldn't get out of there. I felt disappointed with myself, but kept my hopes up. We could beat them, we were smarter than them.

"Naboo is lost," one of the soldiers beside me murmured under his breath.

I turned slightly to him and slapped him. He touched his cheek as the burning sensation reached his skin.

The dozens of droids were just a step away from our small group. I gulped and tightened my hold on my staff, getting ready for whatever was coming.

Right then, I heard a lightsaber.

--------------------

~ Hello there!

How was it? Did you like the first chapter?
Obi-Wan is coming in the next one :D

Thanks for reading!
Comment your thoughts
and opinions
& may the Force be with y'all! ~
D. Xx