Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

Evelyn was driving very slowly, but I couldn't blame her. This car is speedy, which is why I purchased it; to outrun the police. She turned into a familiar city where a bridge led vehicles downtown. It was just like a massive community. People and tourists came here. In order to get my house, we had to cut through here.

"Where's the girl?" I questioned and sensed Evelyn turn rigid. I ignored her and palmed my wound, keeping my breathing steady. I could almost feel the blood oozing out. I still remember how the blade was in me.

I shuddered at the thought.

"In the back. She's gonna live with Liam from now on." It sounded as if Louis was smiling, and I rolled my eyes.

Dirty boy.

"Louis." I gritted, feeling slightly lightheaded. "I need help. Should I go there or what?"

Everything around me was a little blurry and my head was spinning. I clamped my eyes closed and rubbed my temple.

"Go to the nearest hospital." Louis said. "You need to get checked to see if you require more blood or not. Then go home to get some rest."

We exchanged goodbyes and I showed Evelyn directions to Gemma's hospital, and though it was beyond tempting to visit her--knowing she was in the same building as me--Evelyn dragged me into the emergency room.

I couldn't stand properly so she literally dragged me to the emergency room, my arm swung around her dainty shoulders. I tried my best to keep most of my weight off her until the throbbing in my hip became unbearable.

"Evelyn." I grunted as I stopped her from walking. She turned to me, big eyes watching me warily.

The emergency entrance was just three meters away from me until everything became dark. Black circles began to eat my eyesight. 

I heard Evelyn mutter something before she gently left me leaning against a think pole that held up the hospital building. Every time my heart thumped, my eyesight went worse. I felt my eyes falling shut, feeling weight on the lids. I shook my head but that only made it worse.

Everything was so dramatic. I looked down at my half-naked body, only to see the rag on my waist soaked in red, my heart's beats heard in my ears. Blood dripped down my side, and I pressed my hand to it, growling at the horrible pain.

Evelyn's P.O.V.

"Help! Someone help!" I cried, bursting through the doors. A doctor, who had those patches covering his mouth and a blue, plastic head cover on, turned from the little boy he was checking the heart beat of and faced me. He straightened when he saw me and came running.

"My friend is hurt! He's outside and he's gonna pass out! We need help-" I begged, trying to be as calm as possible.

The doctor called some people over, and soon enough, half a dozen doctors rushed a bed-with-wheels over and they ran outside. I followed them.

I tried to calm myself down because, so far, nothing too terrible was happening. But when I saw Harry on the cold cement floor with his eyes closed. I shrieked and reached out for him. A young blonde nurse hurried to pull me back, and I realized I was overreacting. 

I sniffed, realizing I was about to cry. Again. And watched, helplessly, as they lowered the bed thingy and helped an unconscious Harry onto it.

"Is he your friend?" I turned around to face the same blonde nurse who stared at me cautiously. I pressed my lips together and watched the people take Harry inside before answering her. 

"Mate." I said simply.

Another woman was next to her, except she was in a UK Force's uniform.

"Hello, young lady, I'm officer May." she smiled tightly. "May I ask what happened here?" The older woman asked politely but firmly, her hand on her gun--for some reason.

"We were at the carnival that got ambushed." I said coldly, remembering how many police officers lost their lives. They must've had families and everything. "H-...Henry got stabbed by one of the hostiles." I finished, remembering that Harry always came to this hospital known as Henry.

The nurse left when a receptionist called her, but the officer continued to watch me with dark eyes. She jerked her head to the hospital building slowly. "You should get inside. Get some rest."

"What time is it?"

"Half past two." she said.

The nurse returned with a blanket, and she swung it around my shoulders, handing me a water bottle.

"Did you get hurt?" the officer asked as she walked me to the white building.

I shook my head, coming up with a lie. "A couple of security guards led me to safety. But, Harry couldn't..."

She shook her head in understatement. "I'm sure you're healthy but we should still have a quick check-up. Your friend is suffering a major injury so you may be here for a long time. Unless I could call you a cab if you want to leave?"

"No, I will like to stay here, thanks." I shot her a grim smile as the sliding doors closed behind me. Officer May led me into an empty room, and I sat on the bed as another random doctor checked my heart beat and blood level.

-

"Miss Smale." A soothing voice murmured my fake name beside me as my eyes shot open. "Morning, Miss. How did you sleep?" The blonde doctor smiled as I sat up in the hospital bed.

Terribly. "Fine." I grunted, sitting up in my seat whilst rubbing the sleep away from my eyes. "How's Henry doing?"

The pitied smile the sweet nurse gave me told me it wasn't good news. And, the police officer from yesterday standing behind her with a frown was telling me that something was wrong.

-:-:-:-
Thanks for 1k :)