"Wrong Time Sebastian!"

"Click! Crack!" said the egg under Theresa, its soon to be mother dragon. The egg was soon to be hatched. Theresa was sitting peacefully on her nest with her small egg  while her spouse, David, was keeping a close eye on any suspicious movement. "I'll call you Sebastian." Theresa said to the egg. It moved a bit, happily. It was such a wonderful, warm morning. But suddenly, David's ears perked up and he gave out a warning "Hrrrr!" to the desert like area. Nothing moved. The male dragon looked at his wife. "Whats wrong? Is it something bothering you?" she whispered. "Something is not right... I can feel it there is something...watching us." He whispered back as he turned his amethyst eyes to the field in front of him. The bushes moved but nothing else to be seen.   

David stood on his hind feet to look bigger to give a more intimidating cover and narrowed his eyes. Smoke stir out of his long snout. He was sure something dangerous was here for sure.  He gave out another warning "Hrrrr!". Theresa look frightened. A response came back this time. "Well, well, well... You actually noticed me this time." Came a snotty voice. What came out of nothing was a chameleon dragon, and reader, chameleon dragons are the worst enemies of black stone dragons. The dragon gave out a rusty laugh. 

"You!" David shouted. The chameleon dragon grinned as it lunged for David in a millisecond.  But reader, the chameleon dragon was not aiming for the male dragon, but aiming for his wife who was completely defenseless. "No! Please stop!" she screamed in pain as it ripped her skin away, tears in her eyes. The egg tumbled out of the violence onto the ground. The chameleon dragon was widely grinning while it dug its thick, jagged claws into Theresa's flesh. He knew David would be heart broken and sad without her. He finished her off and she collapsed. Her beautiful emerald eyes stared into nothing. David cut off the chameleon dragon's tail clean off with a swift blow of his hand then furiously blew neon purple fire on him. The Dragon screamed as he fell to the ground. The last thing he did reader, was glare at him and say "we will kill your kind down, even if it takes every single dragon.." and died.

Reader, let us pause a moment from the story and put our focus on this here paragraph. Blackstone Dragons were a species that were most hated by other dragons. Some dragons are scared of their extreme power, but some have a goal to kill down their kind, like this chameleon dragon. Reader, You wonder "Why? Why are they hated". Reader, the reason for this was that they were mostly black but have purple bellies. These two colors were scary warning color for other dragons. It frightened them. It tells them that they have extreme power. They actually do. They can kill a small dragon just with a swift blow of its tail. Now that I answered your question, let us continue.

"Theresa..." David whispered. Right then the egg that was on the ground gave a big push and finally hatched successfully. A tiny black head popped up out of the egg. It was Sebastian. David looked over and saw him. He went back on all fours and slowly walked up to the egg. Sebastian had noticed him and looked at David with his big emerald, innocent eyes. "Pa-Pa?" he asked hopefully. Sebastian looked around to find the female dragon that used to talk to him while he was in his egg. Then he saw it, the lifeless bodies on the ground. Poor Theresa had died in the fight. David's eyes filled up with tears as he saw the baby dragon half stumble, half run to Theresa. "Ma-ma? wake- up ma-ma, its mownin." he said as he shook Theresa. No response. He noticed the blood on the ground. "Pa-pa, what iv thwis?" he asked pointing to the blood. The tears reached David's cheek now. "Its nothing...for you to know right now Sebastian..." He said to his baby dragon and sniffed. "Wen will se wake up?" He asked his dad with question. "She is not gonna wake up baby. Not ever." He whispered as he scooping Sebastian in his arms. Sebastian of course did not understand his father's explanation of his Mom not waking up. He does not understand what death even is. "We need to find a new home to stay in, its too dangerous here." He said to Sebastian. Sebastian drifted off. This day was too much for a newborn like him. David opened his large black wings and took off into the open sky, weeping quietly to himself while he carried a sleeping baby dragon, to find a new home, so Sebastian would not end up like his poor, poor mom.