Muffins

Your'e made with flour, a pinch of salt, eggs, butter, a dash of vanilla, a sprinkling of sugar, but not too much because that would make you a cupcake.

I open the oven door to put you in, the warm air blowing on my face, promising that soon I will have golden hills baked to perfection.

While your baking I think; Some may strive to eliminate the so called muffin top but I think that your muffin top suits no other but you. I love you from muffin top to stump.

At last, after what seems like years of waiting in greedy anticipation, the oven lets out a satisfying "ding." At last they have risen and have become beautiful golden brown crusts.

As I wait for you to cool I remember how some think you are like a cupcake,but with no frosting; just a bare naked cupcake. I think that's wrong to say, for you are nothing like a cupcake. In fact your'e better than any other cupcake i'v known.

I finally take a bite. Fireworks of flavour burst across my mouth. Orange, lemon, blueberry, cranberry, pumpkin, oats, banana, raspberry, perhaps a hint of chocolate.

I cherish each soft, moist, chewy bite and love every moment with you. There's not another food in the world like you that I know of. You could be eaten anywhere. Your especially nice on a cold day, inside reading a good book under a warm blanket. As long as I have you I will stay satisfied forever.

Did you like my strange muffin poem? It really expresses my love of muffins, if you know what i mean. ;) In french class we had to make up a poem about a type of food so my friend and I chose muffins. I kept the english version because I liked it so much and just decided to put it up here. I know its not perfect, but it's just meant to be a little weird and funny. I hope to post more odd poems about food soon. Ciao! 

-Amzy1001