Chapter Twenty One

Start from the beginning

 Belonged.

Adrenaline rushed through my frozen veins, pumping spirit through my body as I dashed to the boys--not knowing who they were--with Nicole's arm in my grip. She tried to flee but I held her tightly as tears poured down her cheeks. I felt horrible doing this to her, but if I didn't then she could be killed.

"Evelyn!" I recognized Harry's deep voice and turned my head. A man with those creepy anonymous masks stood by me as the other two boys--who happened to be Liam and Zayn--grabbed Nicole and her friend. They shot us confused looks as the girls protested and wailed and attempted to flee, but Perrie just shook her head, telling them that she'd explain everything later whilst taking a police officer down from afar with her new gun.

Three other guys--Niall, Louis and Alfie--stumbled behind us and took down a dozen cops. Niall--or Louis, they both had blue eyes--pulled down a button-looking thing on a remote, and I saw two officers literally fly off the ground as a bomb exploded under their feet.

"Run!" One of the boy's shouted, and I saw four of the boys beginning to run to the edge of the car park backwards, guns barking at the stupid cops who couldn't even get one shot. Families ran the other direction, screaming, children crying. I felt my heart drop, knowing my chance to escape disappeared, but I didn't really care in a situation like this. But that such innocent people had to be apart of this.

Perrie ran with the boys as the other two girls got dragged by them.

An officer, who managed to sneak behind a ride next to me, shot a bullet. Luckily he missed because I ducked down, but Perrie's jacket came off my head--I was able to see through the thin fabric of it, but it fell on the ground--exposing my face to everyone. The cop lowered his gun and stared at me with wide eyes, oblivious to the green eyes boy putting a bullet in his back.

Though, I saw another cop behind Harry, a gun in one hand and a blade in the other. The gun obviously was out of ammo, because I saw the cop's lips move in a curse before he threw it aside. I shouted out a warning, but it was too late.

The three-inch blade was to be shoved into Harry's back, but Harry whirled around. Unfortunately, he didn't make it in time, and as he spun, the knife was rammed into Harry's torso.

Harry screamed demonically, roaring a battle cry, before he grabbed the officer's hand--who still held the knife that was deep inside Harry--and snapped it to the side. The officer gasped and fell to the ground. Harry grabbed the guy's hair and pushed him against the side of a building, the cop still on the ground. Harry raised his knee and crushed the officer's face in between his knee and the brick wall. I didn't even have time to think how disgusting that was because Harry grabbed my hand, wincing, and tugged me along with him, turning around once to shoot down a female cop who shrieked before hitting the ground. He dragged me roughly through the cars, weaving between one of the boys' vans, which was quickly skidding out of the car park. I pulled on Harry's hand, making him stop to glare at me. As quickly as I can, I kicked off my shoes and grabbed them in my hands--I couldn't leave anything for them to track me down, so I had Perrie's jacket in my hand, too--before fleeing into Harry's car.

I watched, helplessly, as Nicole pounded on her window in Liam's car. I even heard her cries through the glass: "Dad, no! Help!" Harry's hand was pressing onto his wound as he ran to his car, his figure moving like he was drunk.

Harry turned on the ignition and slammed his foot on the pedal. The tires screeched forward, unable to gather enough friction for the first second before suddenly jerking forward. Harry weaved the car out of the cops' sights and drove down a narrow road, Liam's car ahead of us.

-

For some reason, no helicopters or anything were after us. Just several cars that the boys cut down.

The driving slowed down once the cops stopped looking for us; it took half and hour to lose them. We even separated ways so nobody thought it was suspicious and Harry slowed his driving--doing everything to keep the cops away; putting his seat belt on, lighting the correct headlights, stopping on red lights. It sickened him.

But, a little after half an hour, Harry's eyes drooped. His head bowed as his eyes rolled to the back of his head. I scrambled behind him and placed a hand on his shoulder, murmuring his name. "Harry? Hey!" I shrieked, beginning to panic, "Harry, stay with me! Don't do this-" 

His head fell to the side of his door, the whiteness of his knuckles fading as his hand became limp and his body fell to the side unconsciously.

His hand reached out to me and weakly patted the steering wheel as an attempt to get back driving. "Evelyn." he moaned quietly before slumping onto his seat, leaving the car to roll itself.

-:-:-:-