What Never Breathed (SS3)

I was always used to the ominous darkness that surrounded me and wrapped me so closely in its warm hands, but now I was concerned for it has started to grow strangely monotone. It has been long since the darkness has changed into this form of state. So dark and cold I remember it, but it never went back to the warm and mutually pleasing occurrence that it has always been until long after.

I could faintly hear the whispers and mumbles I occasionally heard over numerous times I have been here in this leeway prison. I don't know what it was but because of their different auras in their exclaims and reactions, I could tell that they were not original.

I heard the breathing of the shadowy creatures around me as their hands grabbed at my throat and limbs, tying me into their pentagrams and inverted crosses. Their words, like lava, chewed through my flesh to bite and gnaw at my soul. Their smiles and laughs beget nightmares to hold me tight in their disintegrating arms as they hum their satanic lullabies. Their mutated pets wearing children's hands and toes upon their claws play among the strings of life connectiong me to the puppeteers with human skin masks.

The puppeteers' nimble fingers were dipped into a bowl full of a child's tears and blood right before they would perform their illusions of bloodcurdling brutes and unorthodox lands, all of which gorged off my fear. Their hatred towards me grew as my look of abhorrence externalized on my face as a behemoth stroked its claw blandly across my cheek. My sweat collected on its claw as it pushed down harder tracing "NO NIRVANA" on my isthmus. I tried to call for help but I knew no one could come and end the nightmare...I was alone...completely surrounded by phantasms and their possessors. The puppeteers cachinnated at my desperate liability for help.

With a wave of a hand, the smallest of the puppeteers conjured up a small pair of scissors and proceeded to lacerate the twines that kept me alive. I tried to scream for her to stop but she was enjoying the pain and torture it brought to me. And with that, with one single blow, she shredded my last strand that was keeping me standing.

Even before I took a single gasp, I felt the ghastly breath of the grim reaper topple me over and I collapsed in a lifeless ball on the dim covered ground.