[Chapter Fifty-Five] Where They Build A Home

Start from the beginning

"I am sorry. His name is Travis by the way and he's a good guy. He's not like most of the guys at that school. He's on scholarship and he's a quiet and sweet guy. I wish you would have let him go and yelled at me instead. I'll go clean up." She took that well.

Julian and I went outside to talk while she moped and cleaned the kitchen.

"How long are you grounding her for?" He asked and I set her stuff down on the table out there.

"Depends what I find when I go through her phone and Facebook. She doesn't get her art studio the first week we're there though and she's not staying after school anymore and not allowed to be home for a long time." I looked through the doors. I hated being the bad guy.

"You're going to go through her stuff?" he asked me and I looked back to him.

"Yes. I don't know how to do this though, how do you raise a teenager?" I asked him and he shrugged

"I don't know, we'll figure it out." I sighed and sat down. I really was just overwhelmed by the disappointment I felt. Boys I could understand and if they had all their clothes on and weren't in her bed, I could go easier on her.

But she allowed alcohol into this house; that was something I couldn't look past.

"I need to call and have her phone restricted. She can have it to call or text certain people for a while. I'll probably give her iPod back next week; no music really is a special kind of torture." This was the first time she's done something like this.

"Good, I thought the music was excessive." He sat behind me and rubbed my shoulders, I felt like I was thirty five right now, not twenty-one.

"Oh don't worry, I'm sure you're going to sneak her music behind my back anyways, don't though. You don't need to hide that from me and it will just undermine me." Her laptop and phone were the biggest ones to decide on.

"Okay. I'll be good; we have a long few years ahead of us." Yes we did. Honestly, she was really good about being grounded. We sat outside and talked about what to do for a little bit, when we came back in the dish washer was going and she was sitting at the table doing her homework.

"What am I going to see when I check your missing assignments?" I asked and she looked guiltily at me.

"I'm working on them now, I have six and they will be turned in on Monday; I promise." Julian sat with her and helped her with her math and she gave me her passwords for me to check over her profile.

I pulled her conversation with Travis up and it seemed like this wasn't the first time he's come over when we were gone.

"How many times has he been over Melina?" I asked her and she groaned

"This is the third, but it's only the first time we've done anything. He's helping me with math so I don't have to bother Julian and he kissed me, it got out of hand. I should have never let him bring beer though."

"How old is he?" Julian asked

"Sixteen" She answered and she went back to her homework as I went over his profile and hers. There wasn't really anything bad on here. No I hate Julian and Bailey or anything that says she sneaks out at night or drinks. She looks like a kid who made a mistake.

"You can have your music back in a week, you're studio a week after we move and your games back in a couple weeks; it's not like you play them."

"And my phone?" she asked

"I'm suspending everything except the ability to call and text except family. You get the rest of the access as well as your laptop back in a month. I know it's a long time but he's been here three times without you telling us Melina." She looked like she wanted to say sometimes but kept quiet.