Twelve - [Cat Fight.]

Start from the beginning

"She just went on some psycho rant!" I explained, pointing at Mia.

"What do you mean?" Rose asked.

"She pretty much just told me she hates me for no reason. I haven't even done anything to her."

"Is that true, Mia?" Rose asked.

Now she's going to get it.

Mia's eyes widened.

"No, of course not," She said in that fake friendly voice. "I just told her that maybe the meat needed a little bit more seasoning and now she's freaking out."

"That is not true," I said, shaking my head. "She told me she's angry I've walked into town and everybody likes me. She said 'fuck you' to me and told me I was nothing."

Now Mia's eyes were watering.

"She's lying, Rose. I don't know why she's saying those things. I was just telling her that I was having a nice time with you two and I was starting to like her a lot. Then I said she needed more seasoning and it turned into this."

"No! She is the one that is lying."

Mia sniffled, letting a fake tear slide down her face. She couldn't be serious.

"I don't understand," She said, burying her face in her hands. "I was just trying to be her friend."

Rose turned to me, angrier than I'd ever seen her.

"What is your problem? You said you would give her a chance."

"I did, Rose. I really did. Do you honestly believe her over me?" I asked hotly. She looked at Rose and then at me.

"You know what? Yeah, I do. You made her cry. I don't know why you're being such a bitch, but we're leaving now."

She took Rose comfortingly by the arm and led her out of the kitchen. After they walked out of the house, I nearly screamed in frustration. I had tried to be a good friend to Rose, and this was what I got in return. I had honestly given the girl a chance, and she had done this to me.

I hadn't even done anything to her.

I stormed out of the house, grabbing my keys on the way. I needed a drink...Or three. Since I had moved to Hudson, I had drank about four times. There wasn't anything wrong with that, though. I didn't drive drunk or do stupid things. After tonight, though, I was taking a few weeks - at least - away from alcohol.

I drove to the bar, not caring that I wasn't well dressed. Not caring that I didn't even have any make up on. Not caring that I was alone.

xxx

It was quarter to two, and I was more drunk than I had been in a long time. I felt a lot better than I did before I walked in. There wasn't that many people in the bar, but that didn't bother me.

The bar was closing, and that mean I had to go.

I wasn't sure where I was going to go, or how I was going to get there. Maybe I would sleep in my truck. Yeah. That was a good idea! I'd just sleep it off in my back seat. I stumbled out, pulling out my keys.

I was fumbling with them, trying to unlock the door. A hand snaked around me, plucking the keys from my hand.

"What on earth are you doing?"

No.

I turned around, coming face to face with Brantley. Well, more like face to chest because he was so much taller than me. I looked up at him.

"I was going to go to sleep," I said flatly. I held out my hand. "Can I have my keys back?"

"How drunk are you?" He asked.

"Super drunk, but that's besides the point. Give me my keys back. I want to go to sleep now."

"Get in the truck," He said, pointing to his own truck, a few parking spots away.

"We're not friends, remember? I'm not going anywhere with you."

He crossed his arm over his chest, raising his eyebrows at me. There was a hint of an amused smile on his face, but I could tell that he was pissed.

"Listen, sweetheart. You are drunk and friend or not, you ain't sleeping in your vehicle. I am going to take you back to your house."

I crossed my own arms, mimicking him.

"You're not the boss of me."

"Get in the truck, Kennedy. Now."

He had the keys to my locked vehicle, and he clearly wasn't going to budge. I didn't want to go anywhere with him. In my drunken haze, I came up with the next best idea.

I spun around, sprinting away from him as fast as I could.

Author's Note: Woooo! Big long chapter with lots of drama! What do you think about what happened with Mia and Rose? With Brantley? LOL, how far do you think Kennedy will get before Brantley catches her? I thought that part was kind of comical.