Chapter Two

I sighed while putting the book down, closing my eyes and rubbing the bridge of my nose. A headache forming from only seeing through the dim light of a candle that was right next to me. I opened my eyes and looked out the window that was to the right of me. The moon shinned bright in the broken abandon classroom I was in. As I stared at it, the memory of what happened earlier today played through my mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What!?"  me and Priscilla said in unison, well, her's more squeaky. I turned my head and looked at Riddle, who was staring right at me with a sly smirk on his lips.

"You are not courting me." I growled at him, narrowing my eyes.

"Since when?!" Priscilla wined, I whipped my head toward her.

"Never, we're-"

"I have been with you since the First Year! And you, not even once, was with this girl!" she screeched, I rolled my eyes at her.

"No, if you would just list-"

"YOU!!"  she pointed at me, "How DARE you TAKE him away from ME!!!" she squeaked, I glared at her and stood up furiously, causing Riddle's arm to brake away from my waist.

"Listen here you idiotic imbecile, I did NOT take him away and we are definitely NOT courting each other! You would have known this, IF you didn't keep on interrupting me!" I snapped at her, I then turned around and glared at Riddle, who was still smirking in amusement, "If you want to make someone jealous, then don't use me in your little game Riddle." I hissed, then I turned back around and stormed out of the cabin, ignoring Priscilla squeaking at me on how to reverse the hex I put on her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sighed annoyingly and the memory. How dare he even say that he was courting me! And the nerve of that Parkinson girl! I'm surprised I haven't strangled her or even used the killing curse on her!

"Ugh..." I mumbled, shaking my head. I then looked back down and examined the piles of books and papers around me. I was a year ahead of everyone, so I got extra amount of paperwork to do. I then looked over to the candle and watch the fire die out. When the fire finally slithered away, I snapped my fingers, making the candle being lit once again as light began to flood my face. I sighed and looked down at the book I put down. It was Advance Potion-Making for Sixth Years, this was mainly the only class I enjoy to read the book on.

"You know you can go blind by reading from a candle light." I rolled my eyes.

"Please, the only thing that can truly make someone blind is a curse." I mumbled, opening the book up and reading where I left off.

"Ebony, you got to rest sooner or later." her voice was full of worry, I frowned but continued to read the book.

"I'm fine." I heard her sigh.

"No, you're not fine. I thought you've learned that from last year when you passed out from the lack of sleep." when I didn't answer her, she walked over and sat down next to me.

"At least let me help you." she said while picking up another book. We stayed quiet for at least ten minutes before she gave up and put the book down.

"None of this makes sense, I have no idea how you can even read this." she grumbled, I shrugged, turning the page and continued reading. We stayed like this for awhile, I was reading and she was staring at the moon. It was only when I closed the book was when she talked again.

"So..... I heard a rumor that Tom Riddle is courting you." I snapped my head toward her, glaring. She was smirking with her eyebrow raised.

"You of all people should know that's not true." I hissed, she laughed.

"Oh come on! You can't deny he is good looking." I rolled my eyes and then reached to grab a pile of papers I need to do for Potions. She just laughed again.

"I don't fancy him like you do Narcissa..." I grumbled, flipping through the pages trying to find the one I need. She scoffed.

"Oh please, Tom is good looking, but I feel bad for any girl that is with him, Priscilla is too crazy for him for her own good." I smirked while looking at her.

"Oh, how could I have forgotten? You fancy that Malfoy boy. Silly me." I watched her face flustered.

"I-I do not fancy him!" she stuttered, I laughed at her reaction.

"Sure, so the look in your eyes when you walk past him is just my imagination then?" I smirked at her, she rolled her eyes, but then she looked at me with a small smile.

"I actually believed that Tom was courting you when I heard it." I narrowed my eyes at her.

"And why is that?" I questioned, she cocked her head.

"I don't know, just you two being together would make perfect sense. I mean I know you don't pay attention to any boys at all, but he kind of has the same attitude as you, just less snappy." I rolled my eyes and went back to the papers in my hand. Finally found the one I needed, I placed the others in front of me and kept that on in my hand.

"Well if you're just going to sit there and talk about why Riddle should court me, then I suggest you go, because you're wasting your time." I snapped while looking back to her. She sighed.

"Ebony, you need to stop pushing people away from you." I scoffed while looking back to the paper.

"I'm perfectly fine with just you being my friend." I mumbled, I heard her chuckle.

"I'm only your friend because I had to force you to hang out with me." she stuck out her tongue when I looked back to her, I slightly smiled.

"I got so annoyed when you followed me around constantly in First Year, always talking to me, making sure I wasn't alone. You even helped me get through depression after my Mother whipped me. That's why I don't need anyone else in my life. You're the first person to see my weakness, to watch me cry, and to comfort me." her eyes soften and she wrapped around her arm around my shoulders.

"That just give you more reasons to get a boy Ebony." I chuckled lightly while rolling my eyes.

"I'm only fifteen, turning sixteen in one month, let me be." Narcissa laughed then stood up, offering her hand.

"Come on, it's getting late, we should head to bed." I sighed but accepted her hand, she then smiled at me, "I think my sister is getting on her last nerves with us coming in so late." I lightly chuckled as she helped me up.

"She never was a morning person." I commented as we walked out the room, Narcissa's eyes went wide as she shook her head.

"No. Not at all." she mumbled, I smiled at her, then looking forward has we head down into the dungeons.

___________________________________________________

Hey guys! I ope you like my book so far! So this chapter is to show you (the reader) that Ebony isn't always bitchy. She's only like that to people who she doesn't trust or to people who isn't as close to her. Till the next chapter!

BYE BYE!!!