Chapter 11 "Going With The Flow"

Start from the beginning

She shook her head slowly. "They must have an active blood treaty between the two packs to connect them. Without the blood treaty members of the opposite pack can't find their possible mate that could be in that pack." she said with confidence, knowing what she said was true.

And we don't have a blood treaty with the Timber Pack right?"

She looked at me with curious eyes. "No we don't."

"I was just wondering," I told her. "I didn't see any records on why we are enemies." I knew she was listening to my heart beat to see if I was lying when she pulled her hair behind her ears. With her listening to my heart, my answers have to be close to the truth till I can get her out my room.

She slightly narrowed her eyes and spoke loud and clear. "So what's with the sudden interest in the Timber Pack?"

I took a moment to figure how I could tell the truth without actually saying the whole truth. "I was curious in whom the Alpha was and why we are enemies."

She nodded slightly enough for me to know that what I said was the truth; just that it wasn't the whole truth. I watch her get up and head for the door, she told me that she was going to bed and that she will see me in the morning.

I nodded and went behind her to lock my door.

"Well that was useless," I told myself, flopping myself back on my bed. "Still nothing." I was kind of hoping I would get some solid answers from her, but only got more questions. Why would my father keep information about the Timber Pack to himself and what was in those files. I had a feeling that those files did have some answers for me. I just need to find where he hid them.

************

Rebecca's P.O.V.

It's nearly ten at night and I still couldn't sleep, it wasn't like I wanted to fall asleep anyway. Nowadays sleeping was more of a cure for me, flashing memories of that day. It doesn't happen every night but when it does I wake up screaming. My family's doctor prescribed me some medication that helps a lot, but I don't like the side effects. I feel like I'm only half of myself when I take them.

All this because of one little careless mistake. Was this some kind of punishment?

I went to my desk and sat down, opening the bottom drawer. Beneath all the loose paper was a picture. I took it out and just stared at it. It's a picture of my first love with his arms wrap around me. We had just left carnival after he won me a purple stuff bear. That was the one of the happiest moments of my life.

My eyes began to water up as a rush of joyful memories came flooding back. I only wish I could see him just so I could ask for his forgiveness "I'm so sorry."

I wipe away my tears and place my picture back in the drawer. I just have to keep thinking he's in a better place now.

When I knew that Angel was the mate of the Cameron brothers, I knew this could be a small sign. Helping him through this process and keeping him from making mistakes that would cause someone their life. I know I can help him once he truly accepts them. I guess it's harder when you have to choose between your pack and mates.

But I don't blame him for being a little skeptical when their packs don't have a treaty with each other. I can't find anything that would help him understand why and how his mate is from his enemy pack.

"There must be something we are overlooking," I told myself as I got myself ready for bed. "Something we're missing."

Moments later I was in bed, thinking of how it could be possible for them to be mates. In no time my medication was taking its effect on me, making me fall asleep.