Chapter 2: Boyfriend

Y/N's POV

My morning started off peaceful and quiet. I slept soundly in my dreamland until I felt a small tug at my side.
My eyes flickered open as I came face to face with no other than Kaneki. I leaned up and stretched my arms way out almost falling out of bed. "Good morning." I yawned.

"Y/N," he said., "Where are you staying?"

"Huh?" I asked, a little taken back by the question.

"If you don't want to tell me don't." He said softly. "You'll just have to pack your own things."

"Huh?!" I nearly sprang out of bed. "What the hell are you yapping?! Why would I have to-?!" He put his hand over my mouth, interrupting me in midsentance.

"If you shout we'll seem suspicious. Hush." Kaneki's hand was soft and still had a hold of my mouth. "That ghoul that attacked you last night," he paused., "He's not dead. We bargained, it was the only way he'd leave you alone. I really did try killing him, but unfortunately I haven't eaten in a while so I wasn't strong enough."

Eaten?

I gave him the, "And?," look.

"He's still here somewhere, searching for you." He slowly moved his hand away.

"How do you know?" I furrowed my eyebrows at him in confusion.

"Lets just say I can smell him from here." He muttered.

Does he stink? I thought.

A couple days past and honestly, I had gotten a little scared of Kaneki. But he did seem very protective over me, but I don't understand why. I especially don't understand why this ghoul that attacked me the other night is searching for me.

Is it because I saw his face? No... I could barely see him in that dark alleyway. I could only feel the strength within him as he tried to kill me... I shivered at the thought. But there is one more thing I don't get, "Why does Kaneki want me to say so little about what happened the other night to anyone?"

----

Kaneki's POV

I walked down the hospital hall from the restroom and back to Y/N's room. As I was about to open the door I was stopped by a nurse.

"Mr. Kaneki, I have good news for you." She smiled ear to ear.

"And what may that be?" I asked.

"Your cute little girlfriend is being released from the hospital this afternoon."

I rolled my eyes in a manner she wouldn't notice. "She's cute, but she's not my girlfriend." A small smile tugged at my lips as I opened the door and left the nurse out in the hallway.

-----

Y/N's POV

"Finally!" I exclaimed as Kaneki and I walked out of the hospital. "It feels so good to stretch my legs!" I tapped danced on the sidewalk as if all my troubles were gone.

"Don't drag to much attention to us." Kaneki muttered a little embarrassed.

"Oh, don't you worry about lil' ol me." I patted his back. "Thanks for keeping me from dying of loneliness these past days. It was great seeing you again." I souluted and playfully winked before beginning to walk off. "See you-"

In midsentance Kaneki grabbed my wrist and pulled me forward. His lips instantly pressed against mine as soon as we made eye contact. He entertained of fingers together and we stayed like that for a couple minutes. His eyes were shut but mine were wide open in shock. Eh?!

I didn't know what else to do besides stand still as he slowly began to pull away.

"W-What was that for?" My cheeks were painted bright pink.

He gave me a side glance before looking behind me, as if someone was there. "That ghoul... He was over there a moment ago." I turned my head and saw no one.

"Why'd he leave?" I asked a little scared to move, afraid if I did the man would be there again.

"He thinks were in a relationship."

"Eh?!" I looked like a cherry tomatoe as I hit his shoulder in embarrassment.

"That's probably you just kissed me, doofus!"

"Exactly." He stated. "I didn't know for sure at first, but he won't come near you if I'm with you. The bastard is scared of me." He frowned, taking my hand. "I guess it's official then."

"Huh?!"

He put his chin on top of my head and hugged me from behind. "From now on I'll be your boyfriend."

My face was bright red as he embraced me. How could I not be blushing?! Why does Kaneki want to protect me so much anyway?

***
A/N: Btw, I own none of the pictures provided in this book.