"It's nothing," she looked into his eyes and John frowned. "Don't worry about it, alright?"

And then she was leaning into him and pressing her lips against his, opening her mouth up and letting her tongue into his mouth, and he focused on entangling his own tongue with hers.

"Sensei?"

John blinked and looked up from the papers he had to sign, seeing one of his more softer students watching him carefully. Of his students, Bobby Brown had always had a bit more compassion to him than he should.

"Yeah, Bobby?"

Bobby stepped further into the office and John put down the papers to give his student more attention.

"When you tell us to give no mercy to our enemy, do you really mean it?" he asked him quietly.

John raised an eyebrow. "Yes," he said inflexibly. "You don't give any leverage over to the enemy. They'll use your compassion against you and you'll be the one sorry instead."

Bobby frowned. "But what if –"

"Bobby, I fought in Vietnam," John interrupted, looking his student seriously in the eyes. "You can't let any enemy have any chance to take you out. Any falter, any sympathy, and you'll just end up with a knife to the back. You just worry about your comrades and have their backs, like they should have yours."

Bobby still looked disheartened, but he nodded.

"Yes, Sensei. I understand."

"Pour me another," John grinned wildly, holding out his glass. His old Vietnam comrade snickered and held the bottle of liquor over the glass. Terry Silver, the rich bastard that he was now, had certainly hit it big after the war. "Damn it, Terry, don't be stingy!"

"I ain't stingy if I'm sharing this fine bottle of brandy with you, when I could have had it all to myself!"

"One, it's not brandy. It's whiskey," John snorted, swishing the alcohol in his glass. "Two, you're a little shit when you're drunk, aren't you?"

"M'not!"

John downed the whiskey in one go and watched his friend in amusement.

"Hey, Terry, you ever feel like being a Best Man?"

Terry blinked and straightened up, looking at him in shock. "You find a nice girl you want to settle down with?"

John thought of chocolate brown eyes and dark locks of brown silk, and olive skin that felt like heaven against him.

"I met a girl," he said. "I met a girl and she's beautiful."

'I met a girl and she's beautiful and I think I fucking love her.'

John's a little drunk, so he wasn't sure whether that was just in his head or if he actually said it aloud, but Terry just gives a large smirk at him.

"When's the wedding date?"

He laughed long and hard, but he willingly pondered that question.

"Your enemy should have no mercy," John drilled into his students. "Strike first, strike hard. No mercy!"

They yelled it back to him and he nodded, pleased. Still, he felt himself glancing over at Bobby, who looked despondent.