Chapter Seven - 'Draco's visit.'

En başından başla

Draco took the wine glass from her and sipped it as he watched her, ‘I bought you something...’

‘I knew there was a reason you were here,’ Hermione muttered, leading him out of the kitchen. Draco watched her go, his eyes going down to her bare legs and he took a deep breath before following her. Hermione sat down on the sofa, grabbing the sheet that was draped over the back and covering herself with it.

‘Damn it, I was enjoying that show,’ Draco said, pretending to be upset as he glanced down at her covered legs.

‘I didn’t know I’d have visitors so I didn’t bother wearing something suitable,’ Hermione said, a light pink blossomed on her cheeks as she covered herself further.

‘Lucky for me I didn’t tell you I was coming. You could have deprived me from such a great view,’ Draco muttered, winking at her as he noticed her blush deepen. Hermione opened her mouth but Draco cut her off, not wanting her to freak out like before. He dug into his pocket and pulled out a tub of cream, showing it to her, ‘for your... scars.’

Hermione unconsciously touched her arm where the word ‘mudblood’ had been carved into her skin. Suddenly, she felt bad for shouting at Draco before. He had just been trying to help her...

‘Thank you...’ Hermione muttered hesitantly, sipping her wine before putting the glass down. She reached out to take the tub from her but Draco also put his wine glass down beside her own and opened the lid, ‘oh, no, you don’t have to do that. I can put it on.’

‘I know I don’t have to,’ Draco rolled his eyes as he moved closer to her on the sofa. He gently reached out to take the sheet off of her torso and then took her arm in his hand, glancing at her, ‘but I want to.’

‘Fine,’ Hermione whispered, unable to decline him when he touched her. She gathered the sheet around her legs and watched Draco as he took a dob of cream and started applying it to her scar. She moved her eyes up to watch his eyes and noticed a small frown that stayed there as he worked. Draco glanced up to see her watching him and the frown disappeared, turning into an obvious fake smirk. Hermione sighed, ‘why didn’t you bring Eva?’

‘Eva... is out with her newly found boyfriend and a couple of work friends,’ Draco said, waving his wand at his fingers and they magically got rid of all of the excess cream. Hermione glanced at the box of tissues that were on her table but then realised what Draco had actually said.

‘Wait, she broke up with you?’ Hermione asked, frowning a little at Draco. He didn’t look at her when he put the lid on the tub and put it on the table, handing her a wine glass and then taking his own.

‘We were never... together,’ Draco said, shrugging, ‘we lived together, she helped me through a lot, and we have slept together but now she has a boyfriend so we tend not to do that anymore... our relationship is complicated.’

‘Does she live with you?’ Hermione asked, crossing her legs and leaning back as she sipped her wine.

‘Yes... our apartment is very small but we do have a sofa that turns into a bed which I usually take,’ Draco frowned a little, not used to having absolutely no money. Whenever they both dated other people they would pass each other of as only roommates but when they weren’t dating others, they would often console each other. Draco chuckled, ‘she likes to stay over at her boyfriends apartment which is why I’m here. I’ve been in that damned apartment all day, I just needed company.’

‘I wish you’d called,’ Hermione said, covering up her legs when the sheet fell slightly. She didn’t realise Draco was now single and so poor since she assumed he had been with Eva for such a long time but it was only friends with benefits unless they were dating other people?