Chapter Seven - 'Draco's visit.'

Start from the beginning

‘You look too hot to be going to bed any time soon,’ he said, grinning at Rose who heard his voice and came to the door. Rose saw him and grinned, running past a very flustered Hermione.

‘Dway-co!’ she ran over to him as Draco picked her up, scooping her into a hug as Rose giggled, ‘I drew another picture of mummy and  you!’

‘Ah, Mummy and me, huh?’ Draco asked, letting Rose down. He glanced at Hermione before walking into the apartment without her permission and following Rose over to where she was drawing.

Hermione watched the two of them as Draco got down on his knees and made appreciative noises when Rose showed him the pictures. She didn’t know what had just happened and why Draco Malfoy had called her hot, hugged her daughter like she was his own, and walked into her apartment...

‘Rose, go and get changed,’ Hermione said, crossing her arms across her chest. Rose looked up at her mother, about to protest, but Hermione raised her eyebrows, ‘get changed, brush your teeth, and get into bed.’

‘Mummy’s mean, isn’t she?’ Draco muttered, ruffling Rose’s hair, ‘I’ll see you later. It is getting quite late. Off you go now, goodnight!’

‘Night, Dway-co!’ Rose hugged him, throwing her little arms over his neck and then ran off to her room.

‘Isn’t she just the cutest kid ever? But you should probably teach her how to say my name right,’ Draco turned to Hermione to see her glaring, ‘and you should probably put her to bed so we have a chance to talk.’

‘I...’ Hermione shook her ad slightly, bewildered at the sudden change of events.

 Hermione walked over to Rose’s room to find her trying to change her clothes. She helped her and soon got her into bed after checking to see if she had brushed her teeth. She told her to close her eyes and hummed a little lullaby for her to lull her to sleep. It took about fifteen minutes for Rose to fall asleep and Hermione nervously played with the hem of her shirt when she finally drifted off.

‘Ah, finally,’ Draco smirked at her as she walked back into the living room. He was lounging on her sofa but stood up and looked at her, ‘you look great. Nice shorts.’

‘Draco, what’s going on?’ Hermione shook her head, her hair was still wet and dripped down the back of her shirt, ‘I really don’t appreciate it when people show up on my doorstep without calling first so late at night!’

‘Nothing, I wanted to see you,’ Draco shrugged, putting his hands in his pockets. Hermione became increasingly nervous as that boy-ish smirk graced his face. She frowned, wishing she was wearing something else.

‘You’re acting different,’ Hermione finally said.

‘I’m not acting different at all,’ Draco said, walking over to her. He ignored her last part.

‘No... No, you’re acting like you did when we were in Hogwarts. Always teasing and making stupid sexual jokes,’ Hermione shook her head. She half expected to be friends with Draco when she saw him in her restaurant kitchen and how he had been so nice and said that he would never hurt her but now she realised that people really never change.

‘I said you look hot. It was a compliment, not a sexual joke,’ Draco said, glancing down at her, ‘why are you freaking out? Just take it easy, Granger.’

Hermione didn’t move her eyes from his grey ones for a while, wondering why he was acting so personal. For a while they just stared at each other before Hermione muttered something about wine and went into the kitchen, biting her lip when she heard Draco walk behind her. She got out two glasses and then poured them both some wine, handing Draco his and sipping her own.