War- A Short Story

A/N: Another Short Story from my friend- Reggie- hope you guys like it and this is dedicated to idontneedanusername because she liked his stories and that made him happy enought to give me some others to upload. So thanks idontneedanusername, he really thanks you for it!

As we arrived at the beach we were instantly sprayed by a hail of bullets, I watched as the Mounted Guns fired on our position. My friends I had made, killed, their blood was splattered on my uniform. I had to get off this death trap of a so-called troop carrier. I jumped into the water, the salty, bloody sea water sloshed around me as I swam to the shoreline. I took cover behind the remains of an allied jeep; the blazing fire coming from the jeep spat smoke out, giving me temporary cover from the constant machine gun fire, although I was still in danger off being blown apart by a mortar shell. I needed to get further up the beach; there was a mound of sand which my comrades were taking cover behind waiting for more men to make the push to the pillboxes. I was taking a few deep breathes, preparing myself to sprint, I had a few smoke grenades left, I chucked one out into the open, a screen of smoke covered part of the beach , I began to sprint to my comrades hid behind the mound. I could feel the Mounted Gun fire pounding into the sand around my feet as I ran, my teammates were getting closer and closer, until I was just a few feet away, I jumped into cover, exhausted.