Chapter 1 - The New Kid

I said my goodbyes to Charlotte and closed the door. "Mom, is there food in the kitchen?" My sister, Stacy, was wearing a white t-shirt and black leggings. She would have her phone everywhere she went. She didn't have her phone right now so I knew something was wrong. "Stacy, are you OK?" I questioned. She ignored me and went upstairs bringing the orange juice jug with her. See, it was obvious something was wrong.

  I followed Stacy upstairs to her room and she saw me. "Get out of my room!" She closed the door at my face. I tried opening the door. Locked.

  I sighed and went to my room. My room was plain, not really any color. All my clothes were on the floor so it was hard walking around. I sat where my desk was, pulled out my binder, and started writing once again. I wrote about how my sister is so mad and that she can't tell me why she is mad. (I use my binder as a diary. Its just something really special to me. I would always write my daily pages, secrets, weird things that happened, stuff like that).

  Stacy came in my room, holding the empty orange juice jug. "What are you doing?" She asked. "Uh, nothing." I tried hiding it behind my back but as usual, she was too curious and took it from me. "Oh, just another one of your stupid diaries." "Stacy, what's wrong," I asked. She sighed,"Its Max." "Here we go again," I said. I was really irritated about the whole Max thing. "What happened this time." "Max told me we were gonna meet at Starbucks yesterday. When I got there, I saw Max with another girl, so I ran to the car and drove back home," Stacy said starting to tear up. "Wow, that sucks," I said. She hugged me and her tears were now down behind my back. "We broke up." I was stunned. Just like my friendship with Charlotte, Stacy and Max would never break up. "You're kidding me right?" I said. "Do you think I'm kidding? He even left me a note on the front door." She handed me the note and I scanned the words. It read:

Dear Stacy,

Hi. I know we've dating for like a year now. But, we need to break up. Your pretty and all, but there's this other girl that I like. And she is way smarter than you, no offense. I'm sorry.

Love, Max

  My jaw opened. "What a jerk! Why would he do that to you? He's such a cheating cheetah." Stacy had a little smile on her face. She laughed a tiny laugh,"I knew you'd understand." "Of course I understand, I'm your sister." She brought me into a hug. "OK that's enough. You're squeezing me to death." She let go of me and went back into her room.

I got out my binder again and wrote on another page.

Dear Binder,                                                                                                                         August 18, 2015

Everything went fine at the end. Turns out, Stacy's boyfriend Max, broke up with her for a really dumb reason. She cried but I comforted her and we gave each other a hug. Though, her hugs are really tight. I mean, really tight.

  I put my pencil down and put my binder back where it was. My phone buzzed. It was a text from Charlotte.

Charlotte: Can u come over?
Bella: I have 2 ask my mom.
Charlotte: OK

  I ran downstairs. "Mom can I-." "Shh, your mother is on the phone," Dad said with the morning newspaper in his hands. "Wait, you're still reading that?" I whispered. "I didn't have time to read it this morning," Dad whispered back.

  My mom came in the room. "David, we're broke." "Again? What did they say?" "Someone hacked in it. How are we going to pay the taxes now?" "I need to find a job," Dad said. He got on his computer, searching for jobs. "Mom, someone stole our money again?" I asked. Mom sat down,"Yes Bella, they did." I don't get how people could be so cruel. This is like the third time we've been hacked. I remembered about Charlotte's text. "Mom, can I go to Charlotte's house?" "Yes, go ahead. Just change your clothes."