Chapter 6- Appearances

Start from the beginning

After finishing her forms, which luckily for her made sense since she had learned so much about how banks and money work, she handed them to Dariah. "Thank you. And you should get the card and check book back in 2 to 3 business days." India smiled but couldn't help but feel deflated. Three days was a long time. With a thank you, India was on her way out the door. Looking in her wallet she noticed she still had a little change to work with.

Hailing a cab she caught a ride to a coffee shop down the street. She walked in and quickly ordered a lattè and glazed donut. "Thanks." She said to the boy working the counter, as he handed her, her order. She sat at a table near the window, where she had the perfect view of the building down the street.

The shop happened to be right next to Thomas and Jefferson Legal and from her seat she could watched the people coming in and out of the building, going about their day. She couldn't wait to be one of those claddly dressed business type people. Letting her eyes wonder from the building she began to think about her life. Now and in the future.

Today she was planning on getting some shopping down. First she'd go and buy her a couple more outfits from Freddy's. And maybe even try out some other shops. But she loved Freddy's. She'd get some clothes for work and some for casual wear. Then she could go buy a few accents for her apartment. And though she couldn't actually buy today, she'd go look at some new furniture. And she could even buy a few cans of paint. India look at you getting excited over decorating a house.

Rolling her eyes she looked around the shop she was in. It was a small shop and seemed even smaller with all the people crammed in. It was hardly past ten o'clock and there were still a signifigant amount of people in work clothes filing in and out. She was lucky to have gotten her order so quickly the place was so packed. That's was ridiculous be expected. The place was practically in the center of business coffee lover central. They may be small, but they knew how to play their cards.

The place was so full of people she almost missed the guy sitting in the corner eyeing her. He had to have been on a coffee break because he was wearing a suit but in no rush to get anywhere. He was looking India over like she was a car on display at an auction event. It made her really uncomfortable. But there was also something about him. Fidgeting in her seat she realized why he didn't make her feel as uncomfortable as he should. Narrowing her eyes in on him she looked him over. He was as young as the rest of them but slightly older, maybe thirty. He had pale skin and dark hooded eyes with strong facial features and dirty blonde hair. He looks really familiar.

She stared at him at little longer before the people around her started to block her view. She moved around in her seat trying to get a view of him and she hadn't noticed when she moved the wrong way. Before she knew what was happening she was tumbling to the ground. She hit the ground with a thud, "Aah."

She cursed when she saw her drink had fallen too and bathed her in brown. Good thing it wasn't scolding hot anymore, she thought, relieved. Someone came and crouched beside her. "Are you alright?" India looked up into two warm hazel eyes and a feeling of recognition washed over her. A tall man of maybe fourty with caramel colored skin looked down at her, concern written all over his face. India's face contorted in confusion causing the man's to grown more concerned.

Feeling like she recognized him made her remember why she had fell in the first place. Looking up and over the table next to her, she looked to where she had seen the man earlier. He was gone. Her face fell. The man putting his hand on her shoulder caused her to jump. He recoiled. "Sorry. I'm fine. Thanks." She began to pull herself from the ground with the man's help. When up she looked down at her ruined outfit. The man seeing the big brown stains rushed over to a nearby table and grabbed a handful of napkins. Rushing back he handed them to India. She looked at him skeptically, then cautiously took them. Mumbling a "thank you" she began to pat herself down.