"Never mind."

Liam placed the bag on the ground. I noticed a mark carved on the wood, and I squinted my eyes to read it. It was dark, and I couldn't see the letters. I craned my neck and leaned in closer.

Huge mistake.

The door creaked backwards, and I flinched at the noise. I saw Harry and the others look right into my eyes. Liam smirked at me and shook his head, as if he was trying to say, I feel sorry for you. And all my respect for him--and how he saved my life--vanished.

I stood up and ran into bed, ignoring the quiet murmurs. I flipped the duvet over my head and pressed my face deep into the pillow. Please don't come in here.

The door groaned as it swung open. I heard footsteps pounding onto the ground as if someone was wearing boots or something.

"I know you're awake." Harry's voice said quietly, a repeat of another night I've spent with him. I didn't answer, lying down as still as I can whilst trying to tame my heartbeat with wide eyes. I clamped my eyes closed, hoping he will go away.

The bed dipped down and I felt something-- his hand-- rest on my hip over the fabric of the blanket. I tensed up and wished he wasn't here. I tried to focus on anything but him, but it was hard.

"Evelyn."

I nervously gripped the pillow case in between my fingers and slowly stirred. Harry's finger brushed my neck as he held the top of the duvet and slowly peeled it off me, exposing my face to him.

I opened my eyes and saw his green ones watching mine, patiently. "Good, morning." He grinned as his dimples became prominent.

I had to admit, I loved his dimples. They are so cute. And his eye color. And his curly hair.

But he's still a donut.

I nodded awkwardly. I didn't really want to talk to him.

I know I've spent longer than a day with him, but that doesn't mean I'm used to his presence. Hell, I don't think anybody will be used to Harry Styles. He has killed literally hundreds of people. I've heard it was because he was looking for me.

I stifled a groan. I've never imagined or thought or worried if I was his soulmate. Never. I thought it would be too coincidental. Eleanor has told me if she belonged to a person who wasn't respectul and was dangerous, she would run away.

I am going to run away. I cannot stay here. I know Harry has been a little nice yesterday, but that doesn't change him. He is dangerous. The world's most biggest criminal; a nineteen year old boy.

I am not going to sit around feeling sorry for myself. One way or another, I will escape here, and for once not in somebody else's arms.

It was obvious Harry already thinks I'm weak and innocent.

No. He is just strong.

But other than that, I could leave this place. I can't promise, because right now I'm in the house of a man who owns guns and drugs and is inked with tattoos, but I will try.

I have a brother who takes care of me, a sister who I love dearly. I have several cousins I miss. I have aunties and uncles and grandparents.

And some of the elders always pray that I will be safe with the man who will keep me; they hope I meet a nice person. What they have no idea of is I am Harry Styles' pet.

I have people waiting for me.

"Are you hungry?" Harry asked quietly as I sat up.

Starving. It's been days since I've eaten something.

I nodded again and Harry smiled. "Alright." He muttered before kissing my cheek. The contact lingered as he stood up and walked towards the door. "Follow me."

Against my better judgement, I slipped out of the covers of the bed and patiently stood by Harry. He gently grabbed my hand, startling me, and led me out.

The boys were no longer in the living room, and as if he read my mind, Harry said, "They're gone." He shot me a dimpled smile. "You don't have to worry about them anymore. Our job is done."

We made it into the kitchen; sturdy and clean. Harry rested his hands on my hips and easily pulled me off the ground. I gasped out loud at the sudden motion, but felt some what calmed when he placed me on the counter.

"Now." Harry spun around and opened the pantry. "Let's see what we've got here." He pulled out a cardboard box, slim and colorful. "Do you like cereal?"

I nodded obediently and pressed my lips together.

I wonder how Harry buys this stuff without getting caught? I mean, I know nobody knows what he looks like, but does he pay for it or does he steal?

I thought I might as well ask him.

"We steal the money." He said casually, giving me a split second glance as he slid a bowl of cereal and a carton of mile towards me. "We buy food. Sometimes, we pay others to do it for us; just in case."

I let out a small oh as I tried to process his words. I shook my head in disbelief. "How'd you do it?"

Harry tilted his head to the side in confusion so I continued, "You have been... a danger to everyone-" Harry smiled as if he were proud of himself, "-for so long. Years. And you haven't been caught?" I shrugged my shoulders. "Ever?"

Harry sighed with a smile playing on his pink lips. "Nope." he answered, running his tongue over his mouth. "The cops in your country?" He scrunched his nose up and snickered. "Too slow. Weak-" Harry held his fingers as he counted the insecurities of our officers, "-boring. Stupid weapons. Predictable moves. Incomprehensible deaths." He crossed his strong arms over his chest and smirked. "Of their own, anyway. They only got to shot Zayn's arms-- the injury was brushed off easily."

"So you're saying you're stronger than the FBI?" I chuckled halfheartedly. Harry kept a straight face, though, as he answered, "Sweetheart, I know it's hard to believe so because we weren't trained or anything." He held up a hand and raked his long fingers though his hair. "But do you see us behind bars at the moment?"

I shook my head before Harry snorted. "We outrun them, easily."

"You almost got caught yesterday." I grinned cockily. "They'll get you eventually. They're looking for you, now."

I placed the cereal in my mouth and chewed cautiously, aware that somebody bad is standing in front of me.

Harry laughed a challenge. "See, this is why I like you." I frowned at his change of mood. "One minute you're all innocent and the next; you think we'll be captured."

"They will find you, Harry." I murmured softly.

Harry raised his brows. "You know, you are standing on some mighty thin ice right now." He smiled coldly before my heart felt as if it stopped beating. "I wouldn't try anything, since I am acting better than I should. Need I remind you that you mate is Harry Styles?" His smile left his face-- making him look even more deadly and scary.

Harry took two steps towards me and placed his large hands on the counter beside my hips. The swift and smooth motion triggered my heart and my spoon fell into the bowl with a clink. I swallowed my food before sliding away from Harry. I wasn't cowering away this time, I wasn't terrified, but I kept my distance. 

"Being a little nice for once doesn't mean I will do it again," he said, his face inches from mine.

"There was once a time where you weren't always like this, Harry," I blurted and held his gaze to prove that he didn't intimidate me.

"Once, yeah."

-:-:-:-