Archangel-Part 2

Chapter 2

I could hear it already. Everybody talking behind my back. My mind fantasized about all their luscious notions. Everybody knew something was wrong with me before I escaped into rehab, but they didn't know why. And mark my words: they wouldn't find out.

"Bro, there you are. Everybody's been wondering about you. Our science team has hit rock bottom since you left" my best friend Tip said. He had wavy bleach blonde hair, and hazel eyes that every girl fell to their knees just to see. He had the whole cheerleading squad wrapped around his fingers, never mind, he had the whole school. Every guy wanted to be him, and every girl wanted to date him. He was the captain of the football, lacrosse, soccer, any sport you name it. He grasped onto new things fairly easily. He was a very competitive guy. Sometimes I wondered why he chose me for his best friend.

"I was with my aunt" I fibbed with a smile.

"You scared me. I was really worried about you. I checked at your house every single freaking day. Your mom makes the world's best fried food by the way. It was mouth watering good. Why do you always complain about her cooking? My mom burns water for goodness sake!" I wasn't in the mood for responding to his dry humor.

"You go to fancy restaurants to make up for her" I stopped and fished in my head for a decent word so I wouldn't hurt his feelings, "uh..fairly acceptable cooking."

"Fairly acceptable?" he chuckled.

I nodded, "her cooking is decent" I tried to put my serious face on, but I couldn't. His mom once made me chicken nuggets, they were good at the time, but as the night hit I was transported to hospital for severe food poisoning. My legs hurt just thinking of all the runs to the restroom.

"Oh, look who decided to show up" he turned my head to the entrance of the school.

Vanessa, my girlfriend, walked in with her notebooks in her hand. She wore a purple Nike brand athletic shirt with shorts. Her purple headband held her bangs back.

She took everyone's breath away. Her brown hair flew in the wind that was made just for her. Everybody stared at her. Tip pat my right shoulder and I realized that I was drooling.

Vanessa was my girlfriend, since eighth grade. Before then she was my long childhood crush. Tip actually hooked me up with her and he hadn't shut up about it since. She smiled wide-eyed at us as she walked our direction. We were standing next to the door of the art room.

Our school wasn't like many schools. It was a large three story building which could easily pass off as an hotel. We had actual good food and lots of different options to choose from. If you didn't like the choices there were stores around the block, so you could easily just drive your car. We had a spa, arcade room, sauna, and indoor bowling. Try to top that. If it wasn't for my brains I wouldn't be attending this school. There were a lot of overprivileged kids attending, and some like me. I'm just glad that I didn't need looks or money to be able to be known. I had to earn my awards which brought me a lot of good attention. Until I decided to take a leap of fate and head to the dark side. I swore to my father last night that I would stay out of trouble, and not be tempted to do what I had done again.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Vanessa threw her arms around my neck.

"Do you have a sunburn or are you always this hot?" Tip winked at her. I pulled her in closer to me possessively, "did you just hit on my girlfriend?"

"Hey! Who was the only the one that hooked you two up together in the first place?" he boasted. Vanessa and I rolled our eyes. Tip was a total flirt most of the time he was around people. He went around the school telling girls cheesy pick-up lines even though he had no plan whatsoever of being with them.