Hufflepuff Loyalty (A Draco Malfoy Love Story)

Today is August 24th.  It's the three year anniversary of my cousin Rachael's death.  I live with my aunt Mary.  When I was four, my parents were killed in a train accident.  When I was eleven, my cousin was killed in a car accident.  Ever since I can remember I've had a fear of trains and cars. I live in London in a small house.  It may not be much but it's home.  I go to school just like a normal thirteen year old girl. Well as normal as a thirteen year old girl can get. Because trust me, we girls can get kinda bitchy.  Right now I'm on summer break.  I can't wait to  get back to school though, I have lots of sports to look forward to. I've been training all summer! I play soccer and I can get super competitive. I play on the team at school.  My aunt is out right now getting grocereys for something.  She told me that she has some big  news to tell me or something.  It's really weird... oh well.  

             The other day I heard her talking on  the phone with someone asking them for "Just two more days! I promise I'll tell her then!". I'm some-what excited and some-what nervous. I have no idea what she's going to tell me and when I try to ask her about when we are going to go shopping for my first day of school, she just keeps avoiding me telling me that we'll have to talk later. Well with in an hours time we shall see what my aunt is hiding from her crazy snoopy niece!

             I finished my journal entry and flopped down onto my bed. I was waiting for my aunt to get home from the market. She always took forever at the market. She told me earlier that there was something really important to tell me. Something about how I had waited "long enough" and I "was about the age"? My aunt can be so weird sometimes. Scratch that all the time. She's like the cool aunt of the family, well actually she's my only family... oh well. I sat down on my bed and started to brush my hair. I realized that I hadn't brushed my hair since I got back from soccer practice earlier today. Gross... My blond hair was starting to feel greasy but that could have been from all the sweat but I don't know. I decided to take a shower. Yay!! Smart me! I ran the shower and got in. After the shower I put a pair of jeans on and a sweat shirt. I walked down the stairs and I heard my aunt come through the front door.

"Darling!! I'm home from the market!" I heard her call.

"I know that now aunt Mary!!"

"Don't get sassy with me young lady!"

"Ok, ok. I'm sorry."

"Just come help me with the groceries."

"Alright."

As soon as we got into the kitchen she started to busy herself like she was avoiding something... hmm. Suspicious.

"So, what did you want to tell me?" I asked her.

"Oh, yes, that. Well can't that wait until after dinner?" she said with a hopeful smile on her face.

"Sure, I suppose. But you have to promise that's when we will talk. Ok?"

"Fine dear. But for now hand me the milk."

I was starting to become impatient with her. She was so eager to get it out earlier and now she's holding back. HUH!!

After dinner she sat me down on the couch and told me that this is going to be hard to hear.

"Ok, here goes nothing." she sounded as though she had to sentence me to death.

"Yes???" I couldn't take the suspense anymore.

"Joy, listen to me very carefully."

"You're starting to scare me. What is it?"

"Oh, god. Ok Joy Felton you're a witch."

" WHAT???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! oh, god that's a good one! I'm going to have to write that one down!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Me! A witch??!!?? That's gold!"

"Young lady."

"Oh, my, god. You actually believe that I'm a witch?"

"I know you're a witch. Because I'm a witch. Your mother and Rachel were witches. Your father was wizard."

"Wait. You're serious?"

"Deadly"

"Wow....I don't know what else to say."

"Ok, then let me explain. Your parents were not killed in a train accident. They were tortured and murdered."