Chapter 24: Demon Protector

Start from the beginning

I take a deep inhale and breathe out a whispy glowing breath. The breath becomes a big ball of light that explodes into thousands of little ones. With the little balls acting like fireflies around us. The child giggles with glee. I nudge one towards her and she laughs, grabbing the ball of light and hugging it. I smile softly then look back at the terrifying wave that was rushing towards us.

"Ready?" I ask her in her head. She laughs, playing with the glowing ball. "I'll take that as a yes," I muse silently.

Then I charge, roaring out as those thousands of little light balls fly forward towards the demon wave. I run head first into the swarm, dodging, ducking, swatting, and lighting demons. The little balls of light that I create were attacking the demons. Each time a ball hit a demon, the demon was sizzle away. Soon enough, a pretty big circle was in the demon wave located where we were.

I look back at the castle to see we were defending it well. Villagers were pressed against the glass, looking solemnly down at me. They think I'm going to die! My dragon was tiring so I turn back human, taking my vampire form. A glass breaks.

My head snaps towards the castle. There was my pack of friends and family charging towards me to help with the demon by jumping out of the damn window. Idiots. My family of idiots, but still. I take the little girl from my back and take her into my arms.

My group slides into the little area that demons were avoiding, or the area with me in it. Alex and Simon take their lion and leopard forms. Amanda's hand lights up with a green magic. Mindy started having plants grow around her. Lance whistled and soon enough all the Pegasus were in the air behind him. He draws his sword, "You think we were going to give you all the fun?"

I grin, "Game on.... Go!"

Then we were off.

Alex and Amanda worked like a dream team. Alex attacked, Amanda destroyed.

Simon and Mindy worked like the gears of a machine. She defended, offended, while he finished off, caught, and trapped demons.

Lance was flying around with the horses as they were attacking the still humongous wave of demons.

"Come sweetie! Let's do this!" I tell the girl. She giggles, squirming in my arms. Demons were shrieking in pain or angry war cries around us as the wave decided to close in onto me. Super speed activates as my hand begins to glow with the light.

The child and I zoom around as I disintegrate demon after demon. "Can I please try?" The girl asks politely as I take a quick break. I look up at the moon to notice it was no longer pure white. The large black and gray spots were appearing on it. I look down at the hopeful girl. I could protect her if anything. I nod my head, panting, "Sure... Let's go..."

I dash back into the wave with the girl ahead of me in my arms. Her little plump hand was out and her violet eyes held determination. Her hand comes in contact with the demon and the demon screams in pain. Its ashes drop to the ground. My mouth drops. Did she just kill the demon with a touch??

The ashes disappear into the group. A flower pops out of the ground. No—She didn't kill the demon, she turned it into a damn flower! I look down upon her. Could this giggling demon-human child be the Sun Mythical?

I hear a slam by the castle. I look towards it to see the front doors wide open. Villagers poured out screaming war cries. They saw my little girl destroying a demon and decided they could too! Freaking finally.

The villagers attacked with their own magic and flashlights. The wave was halted from pouring into the castle.

Demons screamed as we easily overpowered them.