Chapter 2

Jenna's POV

------------

We arrived at a house that I assumed was Ashton's. When we walked inside, he sighed before scratching the back of his neck.

"So, where should we do this? We could do it in the kitchen or my room."

"The kitchen is fine." I said, shifting my bag onto my shoulder more. I followed him to the kitchen and we sat down on the bar stools at the little island. I placed my bag on the island and took out my notes and my physics book. "So, I know we have an 80 point test next week, but I think we should start with this lesson we're learning now before we study for that test." He just sat there, nodding slowly to what I was saying. "Ashton. Are you even paying attention?"

"Yeah." He said and I sighed.

"Then what did I say."

"That we should start with the lesson we're learning now before moving on to studying for the test next week."

"Lucky shot." I said, laughing slightly before pulling out my notes. "Alright so let's start with-"

"You're really pretty." I looked at him, my eyebrows scrunching together. "What?"

"What does my beauty have to do with physics?" He chuckled, shaking his head.

"It doesn't. I just can't get my head around it. Why don't you dress like this for school?"

"Why can't you put more effort into physics?" I snapped, looking away. I sighed before running my hands through my hair. "I'm sorry. I...I just have some secrets that I actually want to stay a secret."

"I understand. Everyone has their secrets. Myself included."

"Ha. What could you possibly have to hide? You're mr perfect and I'm just...little miss unpopular." I said, sighing lightly. I glanced at him and his eyes softened as they locked with mine. "What?" I whispered and he shook his head.

"Nothing." He looked away before clearing his throat. "Why don't we get started? We're wasting time. I have band practice tonight." I nodded and we started with the tutoring session.

----------

We finished with the notes for this lesson and we started studying for the big test next week. We did everything I had planned and it was only 6:25.

"Well...we're done for today. You can take me home now I guess." I said, packing my stuff. I stood up, sliding the bag up my arm and over my shoulder.

"Well...hang on. We still have some time before it was supposed to end."

"What's your point Ashton? You want to hang out with me?"

"Yes." He said, locking eye contact with me. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't look away. His eyes were so soft and delicate while he was impatient and stubborn. "I just think we should get to know each other. We could be friends."

"Ashton, friends? People like us..." I started, pointing at him, then me, then him, then me, and so forth. "...we don't really get along."

"We could try." He said, standing up and walking closer to me. "Like I said before...we all have our secrets Jenna. I'm willing to tell you mine if you are willing to tell me yours."

"You know...I'm curious about what you have to hide. Alright mr big shot. Let's see what your hiding. You tell me and I'll tell you. That's fair." He chuckled and grabbed my hand, leading me upstairs. We stopped outside of a door and he opened it, taking a step inside.

"This is my room." He said and I followed him into it.

"There's not much to hide. It's just a normal bedroom."