Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO

His Girlfriend

When Ramil reached home, Sandra Caparas, one of the women he had dated and bedded before was waiting for him at the garden overlooking the night lights of the entire Palmaine City. 

Sandra Caparas was a very sophisticated woman. She used to be a world-renowned international top model who would soon be marrying Don Vicente Dominguez, a very wealthy hotelier in the small islet in Alegria, Davou. The rich man owned half of such small islet popularly known as Isla Esperanza, which was named after his great grandmother. His great grandfather, a Filipino-Spanish Elitist was the first settler in the islet.  

He personally knew Don Vicente Dominguez. He had known him as a shrewd but generous businessman. Actually Sandra was then her date when he attended the gala opening of his new hotel in Isla Esperanza. The hotelier got no heir. Don Vicente’s wife and daughter died many years ago. 

Ramil was also a native of Isla Esperanza. He was six years old when his mother brought him to Missi with her. 

He first met Don Vicente Dominguez in one social event they both attended in Palmaine and knowing he was born in Isla Esperanza gave them that instant connection. 

He asked her as soon as she walked inside the living room, “What brought you here?” 

She sat on top of the center table facing him. “Well, wouldn’t you congratulate me first? I’ll be marrying your good friend by next Sunday.” 

She handed him the wedding invitation. 

He accepted the wedding invitation and asked Sandra, who was still very attractive and slim at the age of thirty, “Well, it had always been your dream to marry a wealthy man. So why are you here?” 

“Let’s just say I want to have fun. I want to sleep with you before I marry that good friend of yours.” She had always been that forward in telling him her deep attraction toward him. 

“Everything is over between us, Sandra. Vic is a very good friend of mine. I’ll never betray him no matter how attractive and sexy you are.” He stood up attempting to leave her alone in the living room to go to his bedroom. 

Sandra stopped him holding his hand, “You could always change your mind, honey. Just ask me to marry you and I’ll leave him.” 

“You very well knew I never promised anyone I dated and bedded a commitment. You’re not an exemption, Sandra. So you may now leave. You know your way out.” He disengaged her hold in him, left the living room, went to his bedroom and locked the door behind him. 

Sandra didn’t force herself to him anymore. She left the penthouse. 

He dialed the mobile phone number of Don Vicente. 

Don Vicente answered, “Yes, Ramil. Did you receive the invitation already?” 

He replied, “Yeah, Vic. Sandra just handed it to me personally. She just left.” 

“Yeah, she told me she’ll hand it to you personally. I’m in her condominium right now. We’ll fly to Davou tomorrow morning.” 

Don Vicente was already in late fifties. He was still handsome, charming and powerful despite his age. 

Ramil asked him, “Are you sure about marrying Sandra, Vic?” 

Don Vicente admitted, “I know you’ll ask that. I may not love her the way I had love my first wife but I’m sure I want to marry her.”