Chapter Two

6 months later

Aribella's POV

6 months of being on my own, at first I found myself with nowhere to go and no idea what I was going to do with my life. The first thing I did was move out of the city. City life had never been my thing so moving to a small town had been somewhat of a relief.

 Finding a small shabby apartment in need of some love had been next, then of corse, a job. I didn't have to search very long for my job at the local bar.

 It was a small place with regulars so I was a little nervous being the newcomer. But the owner Joe was an older man and had instantly became a father like figure to me, and with his acceptance everyone just seemed to follow along.

 As I left my apartment I thought about how silly it had been to be so apprehensive about moving to this town. For the first time in my entire life I felt like I had a place, a purpose, a reason to get up in the morning.

 I began the now familiar walk to work, seeing as I didn't have money for a car I made the 30 minute walk to and from work. Though now in the chilly month of November it was becoming increasingly more difficult to go back a forth everyday.

 I sighed as I realised I was soon going to have to  splurge and buy a better coat. I suppose with a little flirting for extra tips it wouldn't be so bad. Don't judge, a girls gottta do what a girls gotta do.

As far as I'm concerned a girl can do  a lot worse for some extra cash.

 With the bar now in sight I run for the door to escape the cold and quickly go in the back to put on my belongings away. Only to find Joe leaning against the wall 'You know if you would let me or someone else pick you up it wouldn't be so cold."

 I sighed not looking forward to the conversation we had had a million times. "Joe i'm fine I like the walk, gives me time to think." When in reality I hated the walk but I was far to stubborn and focused on my pride to tell him that. "Besides it would be out of your way."

 He snorted "You are by far the most stubborn girl I have ever met, it's okay to let people in Ari, one day there is going to be someone to get through that wall of yours you know."

I laughed he said that almost every night "looking forward to it" I said as I gave him a quick hug and made my way towards the bar.

 I knew he was right, I didn't let anyone in. I just couldn't help it, that's just how I have always been. Pushing people away was my specialty.

Vince's POV:

In the past 6 months nothing has really changed. Other than Rose's growing stomach, to say living in the pack house with a pregnant woman was interesting was an understatement.

 From cravings to mood swings the entire pack had suffered from this pregnancy. Don't get me wrong it's great for her and Nick but next time one of the females are pregnant I'm taking a 9 month vacation.

With her due date rapidly approaching Nick was becoming more and more nervous and less likely to leave her side.

 So we decided he was in need of one last night of fun before the end of his social life came. As if being mated and married wasn't enough of a damper on his guy time. We were leaving to travel about an hour away into the city, so we could check out the club scene.

 A few hours later I found myself dancing with some typical choice of the night. Long blonde fake hair complete with some other fake assets she would due for the night.

After a few more  drinks and a lot more dancing , the guys had decided they wanted to go to a bar instead of this club. I reluctantly told the girl goodbye seeing as we lived to far away and seeing as it was Nicks night I wasn't going to ditch them for her.

We were all in the car when Nick cleared his troat "Hey guys,I really think we should start heading home. I don't like leaving Rose for this long."  Now that I was thinking about it Nick didn't seem like he had been having fun all night.

 I rolled my eyes such a typical boring mated male. I sighed "Alright man look we are driving through some town now. Lets just find a  bar have a little more fun and then we'll head home."

 He didn't seemed pleased by this statement but he agreed anyways. Earning him excited yells from the other guys, who were already highly intoxicated.

 As we pulled into a shabby bar I couldn't help but notice the most wonderful smell I have ever smelled in my life. It's was like mint and chocolate. "Do you guys smell that?"

Greg my third in command sniffed the air clearly in high alert. "Smell what? All I smell is snow, man there's going to be a blizzard soon."

 Hmm maybe I'm just having an off night, but I could still smell it. In fact it intensified as we made our way into the bar.

 When the rest of the guys had chosen a table I went to the bar to place our drink orders when I the smell grew ,if possible even stronger. I happened to glance up looking for the source coming face to face with the bartender. . . . shit.