Liver & Cheese

At first it was okay.

He was okay with it. How could she not get an admirer? Admirers to be exact.

Aside from the fact that she's gorgeous, she has this hypnotizing personality. You can't help it. Once you got to know her, it's like you'd like to keep talking. Forever.

That's how he got hooked.

And yes, it would be normal for guys to like her. He knew this.

But now, it was starting to get annoying.

They were in the dressing rooms, getting ready for their first Bench runway walk. Nadine in those pants and just a simple fitted tank-top was... just something else.

Her innocence amplifies her, makes her sexier, and how she does it, is something he can never figure out.

She was blessed with it. But it was times like these where he views it as a curse.

Times when guys are lingering around her, smiling and ogling at her. He was getting annoyed.

When the stage manager called them out, telling them that they'll be on soon, he all but knelt in gratefulness. The sooner they get this done, the sooner these guys can stop staring.

The music was pumping, loud enough for the beating of his heart to be in sync with the beat. Girl after girl, walked across that runway, earning a few whoops and whistles from the guys behind him.

When it was Nadine's turn, she was introduced as the other half of the newest endorcers. She started to walk and the crowd goes absolutely mental.

He watched her strut. Each heel landing in sync with the music, hips swaying perfectly, and those damn collarbones.

Despite her being a distration, he couldn't help but overhear the guys talking about her. Nadine. His Nadine.

"Grabe noh..."

"That body tho..."

"Hanep pre, ang ganda..."

Each one echoing the other.

If he wasn't about to go on, he would have gave them a good talk. Show them...

After the show, he packed quickly, knowing that they had nothing scheduled for the rest of the night and craving for movies and a cuddle with her.

He was about to walk in the dressing room when he saw two guys by the doorway. One of them he knew. Luis.

"...pero di nga, you were really great out there." he said.

"Kayo talaga... grabe nga yung kaba ko. Akala ko I was gonna trip or something." Nadine said, packing and not paying attention to the two guys.

"We're telling the truth, you looked great out there. More than great actually..."

Before he could continue, James cleared his throat, making them look behind and causing Nadine to look up.

"Almost done?" he asked as he stepped in the room.

"Yeah, malapit na..."

"I'll just wait for you then. 'Sup guys?" He said, finally addressing their presence.

"Nothing much. We just came by to tell Nads how great she did kanina...Diba, James?"

"Yeah... She was awesome. Beautiful as always." He said, smiling at her now.

"Bench was right when they took you as their endorser. Bagay na bagay."

"Kaya nga..."

"Kayo talaga... nakakadami na kayo ha. Ano bang gusto niyo? Libre?" Nadine said

The two guys stood up straight, smiling as they heard her.

"Baliktad yata, kami nalang manlilibre, sa Palace tayo? First round is on me.." Luis suggested.

"Uh, maaga pa kasi ako bukas e. May taping pa kami ni James. Babawi sana ako sa tulog..." Nadine said. It was true and she wouldn't lie about it.

"Saglit lang naman. One hour tops..."

Nadine laughed, still not budging this time.

"Guys, come on. She said no." James said, smiling pero he was getting a bit annoyed now.

"Alright, we get it, we were just joking, James. Where's you sense of humor?"

James chuckled. You're asking for sense of humor? Well, here it is...

"Well then, I have a joke too. It's a story..."

Nadine was zipping up her bag when she heard what James was saying. She looked up with furrowed brows, wondering what he was up to.

"I kinda need your participation, tho, so you're gonna have to help me..." James asked.

"Yeah sure.."

"Okay so there's this girl. She had 3 suitors." He pointed at the two of them and himself. "...She knew all three of them pretty well.."

Nadine was watching, forehead still wrinkled in curiousity. She's heard alot of his jokes. But this one, this one was new.

"She said to all three 'whoever can say the words liver and cheese in the most romantic way, that's the person I'll say yes to'."

James smiled at Nadine, subtly hinting that yes, she was the girl.

"So the first guy, said..." He pointed to Luis' friend.

"What?" he said.

"Try and say liver and cheese in a romantic way..."

"Oh... uhm...." he said, thinking. Then finally, dropping his shoulders in frustration. "...I like liver and cheese..."

Luis looked at his friend, eyebrows up as if to say, 'yun lang?'.

"What? It's hard!"

James, Nadine and Luis chuckled. He looked over at Nadine and asked, "So..."

"What?"

"Did that pass?"

"The girl's test? No..." Nadine answered.

So James continued on with his joke, walking over to Luis. "Now it was the second suitor's turn..."

"Uhm..." he said, looking down and eyebrows furrowed, thinking really hard.

"Give up na..." His friend said, laughing as he watched Luis think.

"Ang hirap eh..."

"So.. what's your answer?" James asked.

He waved his hand in disappointment. Giving up. "You're like liver and cheese. Ang hirap talaga eh!"

They all laughed and shook their heads. Then James looked at Nadine who was clearly shaking her head.

"So it came to the last guy." Pointing to himself. "...it was his turn to take the test."

The two guys, leaned closer, trying to see if James had figured out something they didn't.

"And he said..."

He walked closer to where Nadine was standing. She looked up at him as he stepped beside her, waiting for the punchline of the joke. He placed one hand held up, palm out as if to say 'stop' and the other around her waist, pulling her close as he said...

"Liv er alone... cheese mine.."

He looked straight at them, not noticing how Nadine bit her lip to stop herself from laughing. Trying hard not to blush.

Maraming paraan si James. This was the hilarious way.

The Liver and Cheese way.

Leave her alone, she's mine.