WT1| Or Winning - 14

Start from the beginning

I didn't respond to him, instead I looked to Taylor. "Let's go."

      She carried Rei back to the car and hurried inside

She carried Rei back to the car and hurried inside. Once inside, she checked her all over for any bruises and signs of issues. There were none so she looked up at me.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"I'll tell you when we get to the house, you're coming to my place."

                  Rei was awake again by the time we got back to my house and that only excited Taylor more

Rei was awake again by the time we got back to my house and that only excited Taylor more. I loved to see her happy. She was smiling from ear to ear and from that moment that was all I wanted to see. I never wanted to see her cry again, unless she was crying with joy. She spun her around and tickled Rei, bathing in her laughter as I stood in the doorway watching.

I ordered Chinese food and watched the two eat. "You're not hungry?" Taylor asked me.

"Hungy?" Rei tried to mock, grabbing a fist of rice and trying to hand it to me. She was in the phase where she was repeating everything she heard being said around her so we had to be careful.

"How can I resist tiny hands full of balled up rice?" I asked as I laughed at Rei's concerned look before laying down next to her leg and letting her throw rice in my face. I didn't mind; seeing her happy was a part of my happiness.

I cleaned myself up and ate a little chicken and rice before taking the rest and throwing it in the trash. When I was done, Taylor was right behind me. It seemed like we were looking at each other forever before she finally looked away.

"What's wrong?" I quizzed. She licked her lips before clearing her throat.

"I just wanted to say thank you." She said, looking at me. I smiled as she walked to me, giving me a hug.

"Thank you." I returned, hugging her back. "For smiling again."

She looked up at me and smiled even brighter. Even though I probably was about to cross a line, I couldn't help it. I kissed her lips.