Layla felt a twinge of jealousy when he mentioned his 'meant-to-be-wife', but she pushed it away. However, her hold on him tightened ever so slightly without her even realizing.

Damon had a tender smile on his lips as he continued, "Then I met Matt, Rick and Lysander in college. It was like I had been woken up and was finally living life like I should. I secretly changed my course from business to science and found that I loved physics. It was challenging and it brought on a world of possibilities for me. I fell in love with Matt, Rick and Lysander after getting to know them for a year, and we planned to start our own company. Unfortunately, things didn't go as easily as we planned."

The tune he was playing suddenly turned into a sad one, and Layla felt his body tense. "My family, especially my parents didn't take it well when they found out I wanted to be an engineer. They were even worse when they found out about Matt and the others. 'What would the neighbours say?' They would scream at me. I'd beg them to understand how I loved the three of them but my dad would slap me and call me a 'useless excuse of a man'."

His lips turned into a bitter smile, "Even my brother, who I thought would be on my side, laughed at me and gloated. He thanked me for making our parents hate me, so now he could take over the company. My childhood friend too turned away from me in scorn. Apparently she was just being nice to me because her father said so. It was hell, having everyone you know turn their back against you. The people who you grew up loving and whom you thought loved you back. One by one they left and I had never felt so alone in my life."

He closed his eyes and Layla saw his jaw clench. Her heart tore at the sight of his pain and she couldn't help herself. She sat up on his lap and pulled his head into her chest, cooing into his ears and carressing his thick hair.

Damon let her comfort him for awhile, enjoying the feeling of her arms around him and her fingers in his hair. "But thank God that Matt, Lysander and Rick were there for me. Lysander took me into his apartment when my parents disowned me and kicked me out. I stayed with him and we divided the rent between us until we earned enough to buy this place. If it weren't for them, I don't know where I'd be right now."

Still carressing him, Layla held him closer and rocked him gently. "Well, at least you'll have them from now on." she whispered gently.

He nodded his head in her arms. "I have you too. You won't leave me too, right?" He whispered, his eyes pleading.

How could she refuse? But she had to....didn't she? She didn't know anymore.

Seeing her stunned and unable to answer, he knew she needed more convincing on how much he did love her.

Pulling back from her embrace, he looked into her eyes, "Layla, I wrote you a song. Would you like to hear it?"

She hesitated a moment, before nodding her head.

He gently placed her on the seat beside him and started playing the piano, his fingers playing such a beautiful melody, she had to pinch herself to make sure she wasn't dreaming.

Walked into my world

right into my life

You stripped me off my guilt and all my pride

Everyday I pray

you won't leave me too

coz there's no way

there's life here without you

What did I do to deserve you?

My love, you're my dream come true.

You're everything I need and more

You're everything I once longed for

You're the missing piece I've been trying to find

Oh, I love you,

coz' your soul completes mine.

He looked deep into her eyes as he sang, meaning every word. She was the missing piece that all of them needed, the one thing they lacked. And now that they had found her, there was no way they were letting go.

Layla felt tears welling in her eyes. This was the kind of love she had only dreamt of ever having. Could I really?

When he finished the last note, he pulled her back onto his lap and kissed away her tears. "Shh Cara, I'm sorry, did I make you sad?"

She shook her head hard. "N-no!...it's just that... No one's ever said anything like that to me before..."

All her life she had felt like an extra, like she wasn't needed. Now here was Damon telling her that she was everything he ever wanted, and she couldn't resist the longing in her heart to be whatever he wanted, whatever all four of them needed.

Am I worthy though? Of this kind of love?

As if reading her thoughts, Damon pulled her tighter against his chest. "Silly darling, you're worth everything we can give you and more. Don't ever think, just because something bad happened to you in the past, you're not worthy of love. Everyone has had something happened to them, and everyone deserves a second chance. The only question left, is will you give us, give yourself, a second chance?"

He let her think it over, and then sat up. "It's Rick's turn now with you Cara. Don't worry about us and take all the time you need to accept us. We will wait until you're ready."

Looking at him with gratitude in her eyes, she nodded and followed him to find Rick. She was thankful he wasn't going to push her for answers. Inside though, she felt a weight lifting , and she knew that she was going to accept them, she just wasn't sure how long it would take.

But now that she knew she wasn't too broken for them, she was sure it wouldn't be long. She was already halfway there anyway, and it wouldn't be long before she was completely and utterly in love with all four of them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yup, Damon is one romantic hunk.. *dreamy sigh* :3

Damon's song is at the "EXTERNAL LINK" button on the side ~

So just think of it as my cover of Damon's song, haha, and imagine my cover, but with a much much much manlier voice and much much better piano skills.. hahahaha... :P

Oh, and I read a someone's story who did this and I find I really like it~ So I'm gonna do it too, hehe..

Wanna ask questions to someone in this story? Layla or the four hunks?

Well, comment your questions here and I'll try my best to answer them.. hehe... (Unless of course if it gives away anything I plan for them later, you'll get a really vague answer.. :P)

Comment and vote my loves~~ <3 <3