WT1| New To This - 11

Start from the beginning

"I can't believe this shit." She mumbled as she covered her face, shaking her head. "She was literally right next to me."

"You didn't have nobody in the shop? You didn't hear anything? Like nothing?" I questioned, looking her dead in the face as I sat back down.

"You think if I did I would be fucking sitting here without Rei?" She yelled, obviously frustrated.

I shook my head, a part of me wanted to cuss her out for even attempting to let her frustrations out on me but I tried to be understanding about the situation. It stung my heart to hear the news because Rei was everything. For me to even imagine something bad happening to her got me heated. I had to do something but what could I do? I set the whole "thug shit" to the side for Taylor, well kinda. I was trying to approach shit differently with her but... shit. I knew I was going to need this though. I had to call in a favor.

"Wyn, you gotta talk to your dad or somebody." Lyah said. I frowned.

"I already know."

I grabbed my keys a little while later

I grabbed my keys a little while later. I was going to talk to Taylor but I knew she wasn't feeling me, especially after what she was just told, so I went to my car and hopped in going directly to my pop's house. I had to handle this shit, now.

My relationship with my father was trash. If it wasn't about money, making him money, or making myself money he didn't care. It was the same way he lost my mother, caring about nothing but himself and his money. She left him for his best friend and after that, he never trusted another woman with his heart and taught that to us as well.

But I never saw eye to eye with his decisions like when he killed his best friend and forced my mother to marry him. He literally was torturing her with his presence everyday. Shit like that made me aware, even at the semi-young age I was at, that he was a sick man and I didn't want to be anything like him. I prayed everyday that my brothers had the same mindset.

I had five brothers, all of them moved drugs, guns, and dirty money. I was smart though and could do the dirtiest murder but still not get one day in prison. I also had connects all over, there wasn't one thing that moved in this part of town that didn't get back to me. That was why my father trusted me with his spot. My brothers weren't dumb but they were greedy and malicious. They didn't know the true power of money other than the fact that it could be made and make others as well.

Recently, when Taylor had came in to my life, everything changed. I wasn't just some thug out here in the streets anymore, working under my dad's say-so. She was the first person to make me feel like my dreams mattered. Then, she became my dreams. As corny as it sounded, it was meant in a literal sense; I saw things in her that I had never seen in the "other Taylor".

 As corny as it sounded, it was meant in a literal sense; I saw things in her that I had never seen in the "other Taylor"